[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

ecfiffer

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I tried this rom and it lasted 45min. A see an ass load of work but for my phone it was over heating no matter what I did. Back to dark slide. But damn I'll leave them for simply stunning when chevy brings a new build. Awesome work guys. Just not for me.

That's a real shame. Essentially, it seems like you're giving up on the best ROM for something that probably wasn't the ROMs fault. If it was, we'd be hearing about that all the time.

Nearly every single issue associated with Liberty can be traced back to an existing device problem, incorrect installation or a tinkering with settings that shouldn't have been tinkered with.

On a side note, I'll be installing Liberty 1.5 on my girlfriend's Droid X tonight. Rather confident none of the issues you experienced will manifest.
please understand that im not saying it was an issue with the ROM. But more and issue with how the ROM worked on my phone. Trust me, if my phone acted as it does with Dark Slide then I would still have it loaded. But it didn't, and chances are it was something with my phone. There is a lot of love put into this ROM and I'm very happy with how it looked but again it didn't boad well on my device. But I might give it another try when a good AOSP build of Gingerbread is out and people have had luck with it.

jdm627

Reaction score
This rom not included Radio FM? If I installing this rom this means I am on .340? if yes, how can I know it?

kilahimm

Reaction score
FM radio can be added back from the toolbox. I believe you need to be on .340 prior to installing. You should be able to check under Settings -> About Phone

jdm627

Reaction score
FM radio can be added back from the toolbox. I believe you need to be on .340 prior to installing. You should be able to check under Settings -> About Phone
I have bootloader 30.04 it´s the same like .340?

bacon225

Reaction score
Help me get Yahoo mail working I cant get it to load.
I keep getting a error message about incorrect password.
Thanks

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but are you typing he correct password? And are all other data services working just fine on your phone? Lastly, is this a version of Yahoo Mail downloaded from the Market or sideloaded? Either way, if you are sure you are typing the correct password, uninstall whatever version you have, then [re]install the market version and try it again.

bacon225

Reaction score
It the yahoo email included in the build I have check the password at least 10 times.
All other data services are working fine. Gmail is working the only thing I can't get working is Yahoo mail

rystan11

Reaction score
What's the safest way to apply a theme over another (in my case: crystal-x over revo-remix)?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Best way is to wipe, flash the rom, boot, new theme; or you could try installing over the old one, just may have leftovers.

Sent from 1885

Mateenager

Reaction score
Is it mandatory to wipe data/wipe cache prior to installing the ROM?

Last edited:

bacon225

Reaction score
The email I am talking about is the email set up icon or app
that is included in the build. On the last version of Liberty I just added my yahoo account by using it.

I had to do it manually by using these settings
Imap server imap.mail.yahoo.com
Smpt server smpt.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

I can get the market yahoo to load but I don't like it the way it opens and lack of settings for email fetch time. I am sure someone can help me get this sorted out.
Thanks in advance

superglen99

Reaction score
Umm where is the setting to disable the sound on startup when the phone checks the sd card. Its not where it usually is.....or anywhere that I'va looked. Also still no help getting mobile pages to load instead of full web pages even though android is the user agent.

mcp770

Reaction score
Is it mandatory to wipe data/wipe cache prior to installing the ROM?

Not if you are coming from Liberty 1.0, you can just clear caches. Coming from any other rom wiping data/cache is highly recommended to avoid bugs from bits of other roms etc. I change roms quite a bit and frankly I don't see this as a big deal. I generally install a 340 zip to revert to stock unrooted x, root, install rom, reload apps, restore data to some apps with TB...done. All that takes less than ten minutes and I have a fresh install of whatever rom I choose. Also the first day on a rom I let the battery completely die, charge all night, then reset battery stats on startup to train the battery accuracy. All the above has led to a trouble free install of Liberty.