[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

17akota

Reaction score
the HDMI thing is not available because it uses the 3D gallery. Now if you go to the Liberty Toolbox and get the 2D gallery, it might work. im not sure, iv never tested it because i just like the 3D gallery more.

marcfogel

Reaction score
Love the rom, but I seem to have a small problem with the car dock in this rom. I like the dock, but their seems to be a problem with modifiying the shortcuts to non-car apps. Instead of seeing a long list of apps, I see just 2 (and the 2 don't always seem to be the same).

Reboot the phone and the complete application list should appear.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kilahimm

Reaction score
Just loaded this rom and like what I have seen thus far. Just a couple of questions 1) how do I install my own wallpaper 2) and how do use HDMI to connect to my TV?
I restored from Liberty for now so that I can make a list of my apps. Is there another way to re-install all of the apps that I'm using. Sorry if this to many questions but I'm new to rooting.
Thanks for the great ROM and this forum.

Since this is a blurless/mostly-blurless ROM there isn't any support for HDMI. Some ROM that have more blur offer this feature. If you search for HDMI you'll find a number of threads that can point you to some of those ROM's if it's an important feature for you.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
ok so I am probably just missing it but I am tired of searching... I see the options for swype under the Keyboard menu but I can't find a way to select the swype keyboard can someone point me in the right direction?

kilahimm

Reaction score
ok so I am probably just missing it but I am tired of searching... I see the options for swype under the Keyboard menu but I can't find a way to select the swype keyboard can someone point me in the right direction?

Try opening up a texting application and long pressing on the text input field, it should bring up an option to select an input method and provide you with a list, select swype from that list.

Chillout

Reaction score
Perhaps this was covered and I just missed it, but the only problem I have with this rom (and a minimal one at that) is the option to change the text on the pull down menu doesn't seem to want to stick. I enter in my next text, menu, save, reboot, and still has Liberty 1.5 showing.

No big deal really but thought I'd pass it along and see if it's a known issue or not. Other than that this rom is just flat out sick! Nice job!

SplicedX

Reaction score
Chillout,
I've run into this problem too. It seems to happen when themes are applied. It took me 4 or 5 tries before it stuck. Just keep trying. Before you applied the theme, did you edit the txt? I've found that changing the txt before applying the theme causes problems after applying the theme and trying to edit the txt. I hope this helps some.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
so i understand this is a "blur-less" rom but is there anyway of getting the conversation style text messaging app back on here?

Chillout

Reaction score
Chillout,
I've run into this problem too. It seems to happen when themes are applied. It took me 4 or 5 tries before it stuck. Just keep trying. Before you applied the theme, did you edit the txt? I've found that changing the txt before applying the theme causes problems after applying the theme and trying to edit the txt. I hope this helps some.

As a matter of fact, now that I think about it I did change the text before I flashed the rom. So perhaps should I reflash the theme and then try to change the text? Certainly wouldn't hurt, thanks for the tip!

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Chill, when you flashed my theme, it replaces the eri.xml file, which is what controls the Signal Names. When you apply a new theme, you have to change it again.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
I just realized after sbfing my X that this rom doesnt have hdmi support... :( is there a fix for that or is that part of the "blurless"? Just curious~

mcp770

Reaction score
Got to have a blur rom for hdmi you are correct. Apex and darkslide are good ones with working hdmi if I'm not mistaken.

toddsieler

Reaction score
help

i have a droid x and tryin to load the new liberty rom and it wont make it past the liberty logo with the rotating bird