Developer
Reaction score
couple problems im having

Home Key is not working at all
clock function keep FC
Ringer is not loud enough

anyone help me out?

i downloaded latest eclipse about 4 hrs ago

Are you on the official ICS build prior to flashing. Are you using safe strap? What version are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you just downloaded Safestrap and just let it sit on your phone, not actually installing it. So here we go, I'll give you a step by step run down of how to get this up and running on your phone. :)

1. Root your phone using Razr's Edge.
2. Verify that your phone is set up to install apps from Unknown Sources.
3. Download Safestrap.
4. Browse to the downloaded Safestrap file using a file manager, open it and install it.
5. After that, open Safestrap up like you would a normal app on your phone.
6. Go through the disclaimer. From there, click on "Install Recovery". When it's completed, the status will say "Installed" on it.
--
7. Verify that the Eclipse .zip file is on your actual SD Card (in the "sdcard-ext" directory).
8. Power down your phone and reboot like normal.
--
9. On boot up, you'll see a new splash screen asking if you want to run Safestrap (Menu Recovery) or "Continue" with regular boot up. Select the Menu for Recovery option.
10. Once in Safestrap, click on "Boot Options".
11. Click on rom-slot1, select the size of your partition (if you like to keep apps "internally, select a larger size), then click on Create ROM Slot.
12. Once rom-slot1 has been created, click on the "Activate" button to set it as the active boot partition.
13. Now go back to the main Safestrap menu and this time click on "Wipe". From there wipe your "Cache" and "Dalvik Cache". This will not erase any of your settings or files.
14. Go back to the main menu and this time click on "Install". Navigate to your Eclipse .zip file and select it. This will take awhile.
15. Once Eclipse has been installed, go back to the menu, wipe your two caches again (redundant, I know, but I'm paranoid about the havoc of not wiping cache enough when flashing).
16. Select the reboot option on the main menu, select "System" and it will restart your phone. When the Safestrap menu pops up this time, simply hit "Continue".
17. Voila, your phone will now have Eclipse. NOTE: The first boot up takes FOREVER, so just have some patience.

Also note that this is basically a separate operating system from your main partition. You'll need to reinstall apps, sync contacts, restore text messages, and all of that jazz as if you had done a Factory Data Reset.

Thank you coming from someone who hasn't touched anything having to do with rooting/roming because they are deployed and don't want to mess up ability to call home on wifi and are new to the Bionic. I think I had this down from what I have read but step by steps are always helpful. Also new to safestrap coming from bootstrap on the D3 because I wanted the ability to hot reboot and the reboot menus never worked on safestrap for the D3...

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Thank you coming from someone who hasn't touched anything having to do with rooting/roming because they are deployed and don't want to mess up ability to call home on wifi and are new to the Bionic. I think I had this down from what I have read but step by steps are always helpful. Also new to safestrap coming from bootstrap on the D3 because I wanted the ability to hot reboot and the reboot menus never worked on safestrap for the D3...
The cool thing about Safestrap is that it was designed to be fool-proof. As long as you don't mess with your original partition, you can't really do any damage to your phone. When you hear people talking about the "safe side", that is what they mean...all of the modding and hacking you do on the partition you created, can just be wiped and deleted and you can always start over from scratch.

I remember trying to download anything through the military NIPRnet was a royal pain the rear. Guessing it's gotten better since I got out a few years ago? In any case, if you have any problems or questions, someone will be sure to help you out. :)

Reaction score
Actually we get open wifi out here so that's cool. Im going to be home next week though, ordered my bionic from the evilbay brand new so its waiting for me when I get there.

deduct

Reaction score
ScottyDsntKnow said:
Actually we get open wifi out here so that's cool. Im going to be home next week though, ordered my bionic from the evilbay brand new so its waiting for me when I get there.

Cool man. What phone u upgrading from?

player52

Reaction score
Are you on the official ICS build prior to flashing. Are you using safe strap? What version are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yeah ofcourse i am. im on .246 and yes using safestrap 3.05 and using whatever build you got on your first post.

few other things i noticed were that my lock screen doesn't work and my search key is now useless

deduct

Reaction score
You need to wipe all, format system and reflash.

player52

Reaction score
You need to wipe all, format system and reflash.

ok cool trying it now

btw how do i format a rom slot completely so i can install a diff rom on it with larger partion?

i created from slot 1 with 1gb of space but realized i would need about 2gb.

i cleared cache and dalvik cache w/e that is. i love this interative menu but man do i miss that old scool volume button controls

deduct

Reaction score
Activate another slot. Even stock slot and then select the slot you wish to wipe and choose delete.

player52

Reaction score
No problem at all

another question. with safestrap 3 is there anyway to clear the battery stats like on previous versions?

i know il be killing my battery pretty fast for the first 2-3 days while i play around with it but once i have everything set up like i want it id like for it to get back into a regular routine.

pchmst

Reaction score
I see that v1.2.1 released.

Can I flash it directly over top of v1.2? or should I wipe cache and dalvik only? Or do I need to completely format the partition?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

deduct

Reaction score
pchmst said:
I see that v1.2.1 released.

Can I flash it directly over top of v1.2? or should I wipe cache and dalvik only? Or do I need to completely format the partition?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

You can just wipe cache and dalvik and then install

evaelone

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the Visual Voice Mail app to work with this rom? It was working with the GB version but now just stops when attempting to sign in. Any one have a clue to get it going again?