[ROM] Eclipse Razr v1.3 (2/25/12)

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This is based off of the 2.3.6 OTA. I have ported over the blur framework from the bionic to get everything up and going as I see fit. The only way I could get a good deodexed base was to merge the builds together. This took an extremely long time to port over. I know that some of you have been wondering what I have been doing but trust me, this was worth the wait! I hope you all enjoy my hard work! I bring you my Frankenstein!!

10-1.png

10-2.png

10-3.png

General Overview
Gingerbread Moto Blur 2.3.6 based cleaned up Moto experience with a few modded goodies.
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Bloat Removed
A lot of blur has been removed
AOSP/CM7 mms
AOSP music
AOSP gallery3D
Eclipse Launcher2
CM7 file manager
AOSP/CM7 Email
AOSP/CM7 alarm clock
AOSP car/desk dock
AOSP news & weather
AOSP calendar
AOSP Sound Recorder
Custom Blur Camera
DSP Manager
Eclipse Parts
Accurate Battery - 1%
CRT Animation ON and OFF
Misc prop edits
Custom Host File
GPS config changes
Appwidget Picker - boombuler
Download crutch to help with web downloads
Busy Box
init.d support
Eclipse Wallpapers
Custom blue theme throughout
ICS clock widget
ICS Inspired bootanimation
Inverted Contacts/Dialer
Inverted Google Talk2
All Settings menus are inverted
7 pulldown toggles (wireless, bluetooth, gps, sound/vibrate, auto brightness, data, and rotation)
Native Facebook for android contacts sync
Wake on volume
Extended power controls (reboot, recovery, screenshot)

Known Issues:
Do not use the blur "Corporate Sync" in Accounts as this blur feature is disabled. Either add your account by opening the email app or selecting "Corporate." Also, do not attempt to setup a motocast either. It will FC on setup. Use Zumocast instead.
PLEASE NOTE! WHEN RUNNING THROUGH THE INITIAL SETUP. AFTER YOU CLICK ON THE ANDROID GUY PRESS THE HOME KEY AND SKIP SETUP. I STILL NEED TO REMAP THE SETUP SEQUENCE. If YOU GET STUCK ON SETUP TOUCH THE FOUR CORNERS.
Here is some instructions on how to skip setup using the four corner trick: Android Quick Tip: How to Bypass Setup Wizard

Download Eclipse v1.3:[ROM] Eclipse Razr v1.3 (2/25/12)

For you GO Launcher users out there I have a matching theme you can download from the market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex.theme.EclipseBlue

Extras:
Zumocast Application (MotoCast alternative)
Download: http://eclipserom.co...click.php?id=76 *install as a normal application
Download Client for Windows & OSX: ZumoCast - Download

Changelog:
HTML:
v1.3 - 2/25/12
Fixed 3G/4G icon reporting issues
Fixed speed dial issues
Integrated the Razr camera into the build fixing the camcorder zoom issues
Fixed docking modes so the only option is now the aosp deskclock 
Added scrolling toggles to the status bar
Fixed some theming issues
Fixed some framework resources that were conflicting in the bionic/razr framework

v1.2.1 - 2/22/12
Fixed Netflix playback errors
Set hotspot entitlement value to 0
Removed some remaining blur services
Renamed Eclipse Parts to Eclipse Settings
Moved Eclipse Settings to the top of the Settings list
Added in a few prop tweaks

v1.2 - 2/20/12
Added wake on volume
Added an option to allow 3,5,7 or 9 homescreens with Eclipse Launcher
Added ICS transition animations
Fixed Google Streetview app from not updating in the market

v1.1 - 2/20/12
Added Reboot/Recovery/Screen Capture option in power menu *Only works with bootstrap. Prompts Superuser on first use.
Updated/fixed email client for Yahoo mail users
New Eclipse Launcher! You want fast? Here you go!
Added "LTE" sign to 4G status icon
Increased WiFi scanning interval from 2 to 3 minutes
Cleaned up some theme images
Updated Google Apps
Added Wifi-Tether app in Eclipse Parts

v1.0 - 2/14/12
Initial Release

Last edited:

VillageIdiot6710

Reaction score
Help!

Well I'm in trouble now... I think. I'm hoping for some help here. I have downloaded and installed this rom this evening. I have the razr bootstrap loaded and am rooted of course. This is the first rom I have loaded on my nevermind razr maxx. I booted into recovery, performed a backup, wiped the phone, and loaded the zip. Rebooted the phone... dazzling boot animation by the way... and now my phone has been on the boot animation for about 3 hours. Thought maybe I should do a battery pull and maybe get back to recovery... come to find, at least I think, that the battery isn't removable. How do I get out of this? Is my phone bricked? Once the battery goes dead and I plug it in to charge, will it boot back to recovery? Is there a way to force power off or force into recovery from this loop? I'm begging for help here. LOL. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have suggestions. Thanks in advance.

OP
Nitroglycerine33

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You need to hold down power and both volume buttons for 8 seconds. After it reboots continue holding down the volume keys. A boot menu will appear and you can boot into stock recovery. Try wiping data in stock recovery.

Also, what build were you on prior to flashing this?

VillageIdiot6710

Reaction score
Thanks to those who sent emails and think you Nitroglycerine33 for your reply. I have gone and watched a YouTube Video on recovering and have gotten into fastboot. I however have not actually recovered from the crash. First off, I didn't write down the build number of my software. I was running the stock OTA update 2.3.6 and of course was rooted. Any suggestions on what I might have done wrong? Might I have been on a wrong build to flash this ROM? I'm sure it will all work out in the end... not my first crash or lockup but first time I've done it just a week after getting a new phone.

When I use RSD Lite 5.6 and go to load the fastboot file VRZ_XT912 blah blah blah file, I get to step 4 or maybe 5 and get a message saying saying flash failed unknown fastboot command or something like that. I am currently uncompressing again and going to attempt after shutting phone and RSD Lite down and starting again... see if something different happens. Suggestions?

Thanks again for your help. Once done, and before attempting to flash the ROM again, I'll make sure I get the build number.

cdavid469

Reaction score
it seems if its only getting that far your failing the battery status

you have to be at 50% or higher in order to load the fastboot files, if your not higher than 60% odds are by the time you get to the battery check it will fail, this is like step 6 or 7, let it charge for a few hours then try

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks to those who sent emails and think you Nitroglycerine33 for your reply. I have gone and watched a YouTube Video on recovering and have gotten into fastboot. I however have not actually recovered from the crash. First off, I didn't write down the build number of my software. I was running the stock OTA update 2.3.6 and of course was rooted. Any suggestions on what I might have done wrong? Might I have been on a wrong build to flash this ROM? I'm sure it will all work out in the end... not my first crash or lockup but first time I've done it just a week after getting a new phone.

When I use RSD Lite 5.6 and go to load the fastboot file VRZ_XT912 blah blah blah file, I get to step 4 or maybe 5 and get a message saying saying flash failed unknown fastboot command or something like that. I am currently uncompressing again and going to attempt after shutting phone and RSD Lite down and starting again... see if something different happens. Suggestions?

Thanks again for your help. Once done, and before attempting to flash the ROM again, I'll make sure I get the build number.

Use the tool from mattlgroff in the RAZR hacks section.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

cdavid469

Reaction score
now in a soft brick w00t

its my first time soft bricking, i was loading the eclipse 1.3 and probably missed a step in the wipe and now im just getting the eclipse animation on a repeated loop, do I have to wait for the battery to die then recharge it, holding the volume up and power key isnt working. once it does power up rsd lite with the fasttboot file and i should be fine im guessing

VillageIdiot6710

Reaction score
Okay... I'm back up. I was at 80% battery when I was trying so I don't think that was it. I however think it was the particular fastboot file that was holding me back. I had originally started with a fastboot file for OTA 2.3.6... when I went and downloaded the. 73 file for 2.3.5, it worked no problem. Now... how do I get this ROM flashed?! LOL. Thanks again to everyone's help. Its been a good learning experience.

Last edited:

Celticangel

Reaction score
same problem

Had my phone rooted 3 days ago w eclipse as well. Droid razr and ran into the same problem. Im new to this and had someone do it for me. Ran in2 tbe same thing. For some reason its the razr itself. At least what i was told. The guy i had do mine has rooted about 75+ phones & every razr gave the same issue. My battery was 90% @ the start. Rumor has it Motorola is doing something w/ the new phones 2 at least make it harder to root. Idk. Like i said im new to the whole thing. It would b interesting to find out what is causing this but one thing is 4 sure, its most definitely worth the xtra work. I love how my phone performs. Faster, smoother & way more refined.

VillageIdiot6710

Reaction score
Okay... I am ready to try... again... just realized that 1.3 is available... I think I had 1.2.1. After my mess of recovering my phone, I tried again to load this rom onto my phone. Same thing... hangs up and loops the boot animation. Before I start, any suggestions on how to get this thing loaded and working?

Build 6.5.1-73 DHD-11 TA-3

By the way, since I reloaded through RSD Lite I am on 2.3.5 and can't seem to get back to 2.3.6. Do I need to be? And if so, how can I get the OTA update back?

Thanks in advance.

Randy

VillageIdiot6710

Reaction score
It took me awhile but ive got eclipse installsd and running... got past the android setup and whatnot. I however dont have network connection. Instead of any bars, 3G, or 4G I have a white circle with the red circle and slash... assuming no network. Tried the old school *228 deal (not sure if thats the right thing to do these days) and i get a screen that says the sim card isnt registered and to call my provider. Suggestions on that one?

jley22

Reaction score
It took me awhile but ive got eclipse installsd and running... got past the android setup and whatnot. I however dont have network connection. Instead of any bars, 3G, or 4G I have a white circle with the red circle and slash... assuming no network. Tried the old school *228 deal (not sure if thats the right thing to do these days) and i get a screen that says the sim card isnt registered and to call my provider. Suggestions on that one?

I have the exact same issue. I've scoured google for answers to no avail. Any ideas?

Androidict

Reaction score
Make sure you are on OTA .173 rooted before installing this rom if not you will have problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited: