[ROM] Eclipse Razr v1.3 (2/25/12)

jley22

Reaction score
Make sure you are on OTA .173 rooted before installing this rom if not you will have problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm using safestrap, I am on .173, I was originally on DroidTheory's ROM. I did the full wipe data/cache, /system, /cache, and dalvik cache. I would think that would wipe it out as is. Still nothing.

EDIT: SOLVED! Thanks for a prod in the right direction Androidict! It seems that if you are running safestrap, having the .173 update on the safe system side only updates your radio for that side. Odd, I know. In order to get this ROM and service working correctly, you must have safe system turned off, and your STOCK ROM must be at .173. Maybe this isn't the case for everyone, but it happened to me. I have removed SAFESTRAP and converted to Bootstrap. I won't be having this issue again!

EDIT 2: HA! And it gets even better. Somehow my stock ROM got ****ered up. Update to .173 failed. SOOO now I'm downloading the fastboot file. Looks like I'll be going factory .173! Ugh... Back to the beginning. All this to make Netflix work over HDMI to my TV.

Last edited:

VillageIdiot6710

Reaction score
is VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml the correct "OTA .173" file? I'm starting to stress just a little. I flashed back to a backup that I had created before ever trying to flash a rom to my Maxx and it still has the no network stuff going on. My wife is now giving me crap cuz I wan't just leave it alone! LOL What fun would THAT be?! Anyway... in RSD Lite right now reflashing to the above mentioned file. Wish me luck!

cdavid469

Reaction score
is VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml the correct "OTA .173" file? I'm starting to stress just a little. I flashed back to a backup that I had created before ever trying to flash a rom to my Maxx and it still has the no network stuff going on. My wife is now giving me crap cuz I wan't just leave it alone! LOL What fun would THAT be?! Anyway... in RSD Lite right now reflashing to the above mentioned file. Wish me luck!

OK so the network issue, I had used mattlgroff's 1.40 utility to load it and if it doesn't work switch it with .bat file from 1.41 and your good I had this issue yesterday took 2 flashes and now I'm running 1.3 eclipse on the safe side and 173 ota stock rooted on non safe side of safe strap

Androidict

Reaction score
I prefer using bootstrap because safestrap is a little confusing to me, if I need to go back to stock I use a backup and if that fails I use a stock rooted rom I found on droidrazr forums then I recover my apps using romtoolbox. some roms don't go well with safestrap.

I have been using eclipse 1.3 for two days now and it's the best rom for the razor so far, when I first boot it does take a few minutes to connec to 4g other than that I have to say this is a very stable rom.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/879-rom-totally-stock-rooted-173-flashable-in-bootstrap/

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

cdavid469

Reaction score
I prefer using bootstrap because safestrap is a little confusing to me, if I need to go back to stock I use a backup and if that fails I use a stock rooted rom I found on droidrazr forums then I recover my apps using romtoolbox. some roms don't go well with safestrap.

you are correct and I went through this discussion with a few devs, as long as you have a way back (fast boot) and computer available, and a full battery it wont matter which way you go, the way I prefer isnt safestrap, it is bootstrap, but the big advantage I see with safestrap is if the flash fails I still have my none safe side with a running rom, that being said if you have the way back it truly doesnt matter, the one thing that does matter is a perfect wipe, many people are missing something minute and end up in a loop, which I did but got rescued. wiping by the numbers is fine if you feeling like following the steps verbatim, until its 130 am and you havent slept in 2 days and miss a step, so I'm now you using mattlgroff 1wipe2ruleemall utility to do all my wipes prior to flashing, and this really does simplify it, boot into safestrap or bootstrap, your choice, perform the wipe, flash the rom, and your done, the wipe is literally a one click wipe, and then you choose zip from sd and you install and your done, nothing else. the only other step I neglected is checking the flashed roms is sympatico with your current kernel, i.e. make sure if your going to flash eclipse your on 173, or alpha ice and you are on 748, if you heed these warnings, and do all this i dont think a flash can fail except out of bad luck then you just try again. and since finding the fastboot utility to 173 i dont think ill use 744 for anything again, and im not sure i like anything with 748 anymore because the radio with 173 builds feels stronger, and my battery life seems almost unable to be improved much more than im getting now

cdavid469

Reaction score
my additional caveat would be this

overclocking a stable rom might not be as necessary as I thought before, once it's debloated the razr is fast and overclocking scripts are tough for me still and im not quite advanced enough to play with the script to see such minute changes in the antutu marks im already getting, im happy with 6200 with eclipse 1.3 on stock cpu, and since the best stable overclock i have seen for the razr was 1400mhz and only grabbed a 6900 antutu score, thats a 10% increase with almost a 33% battery decrease, maybe more, and i still haven't heard whether or not these overclocks are dualcore or singlecore reliant, and thats going to be stressful over the life of something the manufacturer only truly believes needs to last 20months, i wont risk it for such a marginal increase thats still an awesome device.

OP
Nitroglycerine33

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you guys choose to use bootstrap instead of safestrap you will be able to use the recovery option in the extended power options.

On a side note, please make sure you guys are on the latest OTA (6.12.173) before flashing. Otherwise you will not have data/radio. If you guys are getting stuck on anything just let me know!

Celticangel

Reaction score
The network connection 4 data has 2 b turned on manually under network settings i think. I ran in2 that as well. U give up 4G till a patch comes out but the 3G itself is faster if that makes sense

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Nitroglycerine33

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
great rom ty, having a bit of a bug in market saying apps aren't compatible I'm wondering if its do to screen resolution changes or if its a bug

Are the same apps working on the stock rom?

cdavid469

Reaction score
im almost sure this is somehow related to when I change the lcd density/resolution, anything under 190 wont even run stable but at 190/200 i get a better display and most apps run fine/no FC, but when I run at 120 or 140 i get a ton of FC's. so why I have ended up doing, and it's annoying is ill change the rom back to almost stock, install apps, then change back to higher resolution

OP
Nitroglycerine33

Nitroglycerine33

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you change your density your market could end up thinking you are a tablet or some other device and could very well cause the issues.

Muteki

Reaction score
Doesn't want to get a signal :( What did I do wrong?

drumtrucker

Reaction score
got out of boot loop, went back to stock side just to prove to myself I could.
went back to safe side, wiped/reset wiped dalvik, reflashed eclipse and voila, now on eclipse.