[ROM] Bionic Eclipse ICS v1.2 - 11/3/12

Reaction score
No. Its not. It fluctuates too often to be an accurate benchmark. Open a bunch of apps, run it three times. Now reboot the phone, then run it three more times. Tell me how many scores are the same.
Kinda agree with you and kinda don't. I always run quadrant on a fresh boot and i think its a good way to compare the stock and custom Roms performance. I agree with you it not the most accurate way but I think its a good start. In realty thou you know a lot more about this then me so I won't argue :biggrin:.

The Architect

Reaction score
I noticed the photosphere isnt working so well, I took one picture and it lags so much after that its unusable.

deduct

Reaction score
The Architect said:
I noticed the photosphere isnt working so well, I took one picture and it lags so much after that its unusable.

You are not alone. Its not going to work on bionic for awhile at least. Hopefully sooner or later

wndchaser6

Reaction score
Bypassing Activation Screen on Eclipse Rom

Welcome to Eclipse for the Droid Bionic. As I normally do with my Motorola builds I remove just about as much blur as I can and replace them with their AOSP counterparts. I have compiled the AOSP apps against the Bionic framework for the best compatibility. All the AOSP apps are from my modded AOSP eclipse source. So they do come with extra goodies!

Things to know:
If you like blur apps such as Smart Actions, the blur widgets (this includes the contacts widget), or anything that says Motorola this is not the rom for you. If you do not like everything blacked out/inverted then this is not the rom for you.

Instructions:
You must be running some flavor of ICS to be able to run this rom.

Installation instructions:
1. Boot into safestrap - tested with v3.05
2. Wipe Data/factory reset
3. Install Eclipse Bionic ICS zip (install takes a little while)
4. Boot phone (Initial boot takes a little while)
5. Profit from its beauty

Screenshots:
1.png

2.png

General Overview:
Moto based from the 246 OTA
Deodexed, zipaligned, rooted (all the norm)
Super SU
OI/CM9 File Manager compiled with the ICS sdk
Custom Eclipse Launcher forked from Trebuchet
Settings for the Launcher are found under Eclipse Settings in the Settings menu
Lots of blur services have been disabled - much leaner than stock
Fully removed backup assistant
Eclipse AOSP MMS with emoji support and inverted
AOSP Alarm Clock
AOSP Calculator
AOSP Calendar (inverted)
AOSP Gallery
DSP Manager
init.d support
All main apps are inverted
Terminal emulator
Added Google Voice
8 Power control widgets/toggles (coded by me in source)
Inverted Google Talk
Inverted Gmail
Full AOSP ICS themed framework and applications
The framework is very dark for both GB and ICS resources (no I am not changing this)
All status bar items changed back to their AOSP resources
Accurate battery 1% mod with new Eclipse batte
AOSP lockscreen
Framework tweaks
Jellybean keyboard with Swype like features
ICS AOSP camera with 8mp
Custom Eclipse bootanimation - thanks DUBSX!!
Extended power menu with reboot, hot reboot and bootloader

Download Rom: http://eclipserom.com/mods/click.php?id=234
Mirror: Dev-Host - Bionic-EclipseICS-v1.2.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
md5: c85cf8a0214831d2ae3d8ae9cec11f90

Changelog:
v1.2 - 11/3/12
Removed JB 4.2 camera
Added back AOSP ICS camera
Upped the mp of AOSP camera from 5mp to 8mp
Added brightness and airplane toggles (scroll left and right to access them)
Updated AOSP keyboard to the release version (cleaner swiping action and word suggestions)
Added two more hotseats to the AOSP lock screen (phone,sms)

v1.1 - 10/31/12
Replaced blur camera with JB AOSP photosphere camera patched for the bionic
Added extended reboot options
Removed leftover blur services
Cleaned up framework

v1.0 - 10/30/12
Initial Release

Hi,

I had installed Eclipse Rom 1.1 on a Droid Bionic that is only used for my development work. It does not have a Verizon plan. How can I bypass the activation screen on your custom rom so that I can use the phone over wifi? I was able to do this on the stock rom by following a step given online to by pass activation screen.

Please let me know.

Thanks

milski65

Reaction score
Hi,

I had installed Eclipse Rom 1.1 on a Droid Bionic that is only used for my development work. It does not have a Verizon plan. How can I bypass the activation screen on your custom rom so that I can use the phone over wifi? I was able to do this on the stock rom by following a step given online to by pass activation screen.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Tap the 4 corners, starting upper left corner and go clockwise. May have to try it more than once.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

snova04x

Reaction score
Group Text message

So i really like this rom back in 3.0v but the fact that i was unable to do group text message it was a deal breaker for me... Is this the same on this ROM? i really would like to install it but would like to know if this feature is available.

Thanks

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
So i really like this rom back in 3.0v but the fact that i was unable to do group text message it was a deal breaker for me...

Personally I don't know anyone in real life that uses an Android smart phone and sticks with the stock SMS app anyway. Have you looked into a 3rd party application such as Go SMS or Handcent? You might be mildly surprised with how much fun they are.

milski65

Reaction score
So i really like this rom back in 3.0v but the fact that i was unable to do group text message it was a deal breaker for me... Is this the same on this ROM? i really would like to install it but would like to know if this feature is available.

Thanks

I'm using stock and can send multiple mms/sms without issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

snova04x

Reaction score
Personally I don't know anyone in real life that uses an Android smart phone and sticks with the stock SMS app anyway. Have you looked into a 3rd party application such as Go SMS or Handcent? You might be mildly surprised with how much fun they are.

Hmm, i have but i was unable to received group text message on the same thread... I guess i just need to set it up correctly... it seems everyone its using 3rd party applications without a problem... I'll give it another shot. Thanks!

freeflysage

Reaction score
gsm on 1.2

Greetings All,
I'm currently abroad and trying to get the GSM hack working. I'm using a sanded down 02 SIM card, and it appears to recognize it, but it doesn't seem to register on the network. I've had this working before with just the radiocomm edits on some _much_ older builds, and have tried various build.prod edits, but can't seem to get on the network. Anyone have this tested and working in EU?

Thanks

ducky124

Reaction score
anyone have the apk for Safestrap 3.05 they couold send me. The link on Hashcodes site is not letting me download. or maybe a link that works?

Reaction score
I know you need safestrap to install this, any way to make a bootstrap version? I ask because I want to be able to use the lapdock I am getting and safestrap messes with it. You have to be in non-safe mode for it to work but bootstrap works great with it.