[ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by Fabolous, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Philgray101

Philgray101 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    okay well everything installed successfully and I followed your exact instructions, but when I went to reboot. It took me to a screen that says:

Bootloader
    Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK
    Ok to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

..So I connected my data cable and instaed of Connect USB Data Cable..it says Transfer Mode: USB

What went wrong? When I try to power the phone off and on it shows the motorola logo for a second and then takes me right back to this screen..

2. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5
    Did you wipe data before you installed the system file like it said to in the thread I linked? Can you boot into recovery at all?

3. Philgray101

Philgray101 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think so I just cleared cache, and no this phone is useless now..

4. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5
    No it isn't. You can recover a brick using the full .320 sbf. Directions on how to sbf are available on mydroidworld or just google it.

Worst case scenario you can also take it in to verizon for a replacement on the spot. It isn't rooted and all you have to say is that you installed the update and then this happened. But the sbf should fix you just fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

5. Philgray101

Philgray101 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anything I can do..? Or do I have to accept it's bricked?

6. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5
    Just replied...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

7. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5
  8. Lifeiskilingme79

Lifeiskilingme79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am completely confused right now. I am coming from Rubix 1.6 and I want to run Apex 1.0.2.2 I am certain that I did everything right. I got into the bootloader cleared cache and data and installed the .zip from my sd card.

Everything loads up and you would think nothing was wrong except that my contacts app doesn't work at all. Whenever I try to open a contact, it just closes the the homescreen. I know this was an issue early on but then it was address by Fab pretty quick. I also am not able to make calls out or receive any calls. I downloaded the BlurContacts.apk provided earlier in the forum (I read through about 95% of it), installed it, and nothing changed.

I have done everything I can think of to fix this issue. I have reinstalled over the top of the rom, I have cleared data and cache and done a clean install, and I have nandroided back to Rubix and reinstalled from there no with luck.

I am running Kernel 2.6.32.9-ga42712e which should be the .15 kernel since I never updated my phone (that I know of).
    If anyone could help it would be great. I really like this rom but not to the point where it turns my phone into a $500 text messaging device.

Thanks in advance.

9. devortex

devortex Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you changing the lcd density. I've heard that the dialer does not play well when that is changed.

Also, 1.3.0 Apex is out now, so you could look into upgrading to that. I'm loving it, and I haven't heard problems like yours (other than people changing lcd density)

I'm late to the apex game, so I don't know what this version required, but 1.3.0 works on the OTA 2.3.340 system update.

10. Cmonson

Cmonson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Currently running this rom and I must say I haven't had any problems yet...good job boss

11. rmaddx43

rmaddx43 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    currently running this rom i really enjoy it but ever since switching from rubix i seen a significantly big loss in battery life about 8 hrs. has anyone else experienced this or know a fix?

Search tags for this page

fabolous's revolution