Random reboots?

aDroidman

Reaction score
I am having the reboots only when I turn it off. I will hold down the power button select power off. It will power off and then it will turn back on. It happens randomly because it might be right away it turns on or it might be a minutes. Other then this problem I do not have random reboots. I need it to stay off when im in meetings and such any ideas??

samwifi

Reaction score
i have had random reboots as well and mine is GB from and SBF I found. I did this because I SBF'd to froyo and then loaded the rooted GB. I had a ton of problems with the rooted GB (like one day the phone was just overheating and ran the battery down in about 3 hours..) so then I wiped the whole phone and loaded the stock GB SBF. My issues seem to coincide with use of pocket caster and swiftkey x beta, but not always. Should I sbf back to froyo and take the stock update from verizon?

rumblee1

Reaction score
You bet. Since gingerbread, my dx random reboots a lot. I want froyo back. Verizon and moto just don't seem to care. Im in the process of getting another phone. Maybe htc.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

en28so

Reaction score
I went to cm7 and my random reboots stopped. But on the other gb roms, it was reboot galore.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OnoSendi

Reaction score
Rooted, and removed bloatware. It was perfect last night, however, today it keeps randomly restarting. Only thing different today than yesterday, was I added some music on my external SD card.

Slapper

Reaction score
Had my X2 for about a week and I as well was getting random reboots/shutoffs. However in the last 2 day I have not gotten a random anything. Not rooted.

wykael

Reaction score
My Droid X2 is not rooted, but randomly restarts. Other times, especially when charging, it locks up with a black screen and won't do anything. Even the power button on top does nothing. Have to pull the battery to get it up and running again. Thought the update would solve it...nope. Went into the store a week ago - did the factory reset and started over - same issue. In fact, tonight, it rebooted twice within 5 minutes, just sitting on the end table next to me doing nothing. Called tech support earlier this afternoon, and they were so surprised mine was acting up, because NOBODY is having the same problem I am. So the warranty replacement phone is supposed to be here tomorrow...we'll see. Apple is looking more and more appealing.

Raven65

Reaction score
I've never rooted and I also get random reboots. I hoped the GB update would fix them, but it didn't. Tried a factory reset after the GB update - and that helped - but didn't eliminate them entirely. I get them when the phone is on the docks (car and multimedia) mostly, but it's also happened a time or two off the dock. You're definitely not alone - and VZW KNOWS this - even if they pretend that they don't.

aksmilez

Reaction score
I, too, have never rooted my X2 and I have the same problem. It is actually frustrating. Since this is an apparent issue, is Motorola doing anything about it?

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i had my dx2 for a few weeks now never had a reboot but this morning it reebooted 6 times in a row the only way i could get it to stop was do a battery pull

wykael

Reaction score
Got my warranty replacement X2 from Verizon. It did it while I was installing my apps back onto the device. Then was good for nearly 3 weeks. Did it again this morning. Went to the store, and their options are limited. Called Motorola (the store gave me the phone number. I can pass it along if you want it). They were useless. I'm on the phone with Verizon customer service / tech support again now. <sigh>