quick random reboots

GTvert90

Reaction score
I've been getting the random quick reboot once in a while while sliding to unlock. The rom is so badass I deal with it.. but it did it on fission and apex too... and on 2 different droid x's... trying no lock now.

johnzenobia

Reaction score
My phone is one day old and has rebooted 5 or 6 times already, really upset about it especially when on a call. I am thinking about returning for another one but it seems as if it is a droid x thing and I really like the phone. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
My phone is one day old and has rebooted 5 or 6 times already, really upset about it especially when on a call. I am thinking about returning for another one but it seems as if it is a droid x thing and I really like the phone. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Maybe you have a defective one. Or are you overclocking? Undervolting? Maximum I've ever seen was once a day quick reboots.

johnzenobia

Reaction score
no overclock just stock rom with root to freeze the crapware on the phone and launcher pro. Maybe I should return it for another one.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
no overclock just stock rom with root to freeze the crapware on the phone and launcher pro. Maybe I should return it for another one.

"With root to freeze the crapware"

Can you elaborate on how you did this? This could be your problem...

johnzenobia

Reaction score
should have said using titanium backup to freeze the crapware. Instead of removing it I just freeze it, scared to remove anything.

sephtin

Reaction score
should have said using titanium backup to freeze the crapware. Instead of removing it I just freeze it, scared to remove anything.

So... what happens if you unfreeze everything? Guessing this is your problem. Some piece of crapware that's been frozen is probably needed by some other piece of crapware.. that is part of the fun integrated blur stuff that comes on the phones... :S

sephtin

Reaction score
I think NO LOCK from the market fixes this.

No Lock from the market fixes reboots that occur when coming out of sleep at the Lock Screen... if you get those. It at the very least helps....

johnzenobia

Reaction score
3g
blockbuster
fm radio
news and weather
vz navigator
kindle
social networking
home screen tips
city id

Perhaps you are freezing some important crapware? What are you freezing specifically?

sephtin

Reaction score
3g
blockbuster
fm radio
news and weather
vz navigator
kindle
social networking
home screen tips
city id

Perhaps you are freezing some important crapware? What are you freezing specifically?

still get reboots after unfreezing all of them?

I know social messaging service is tied into several other apps.. could be part of the problem.
In all reality, I'd unfreeze everything.. let it run as close to stock as you can, and confirm that you're not getting reboots...

There are lists around that state what's safe and not safe to freeze too..

Or, you could also just go for it, and run a ROM that removes the blur for you as well.. those should be safe. :)

GL!

Tanium

Reaction score
After reading I wanted to put this into the mix.
On the market. A few apps or widgits for this.
They reboot the phone but its not a full reboot.
Just a refresh type deal.
Sounds like what you guys are talking about.
Maybe you installed at one point.
Removed later but some code was left behind.
Lol. Far reach but sound like the same to me.dancedroid

Inverse

Reaction score
This same issue us happening to my Droid 2. Almost once every day. I'm not sure if I should return it or not since I have three more days on my first thirty. If this is a moto thing then maybe I shouldn't bother. I love this phone, and it's 90% awesome if not for this.

sephtin

Reaction score
This same issue us happening to my Droid 2. Almost once every day. I'm not sure if I should return it or not since I have three more days on my first thirty. If this is a moto thing then maybe I shouldn't bother. I love this phone, and it's 90% awesome if not for this.

It's a known moto thing, getting random reboots. They can be made worse however by overclocking, lcd density changes, etc.