Random Reboots

G

gJon

Since installing Liberty I have been experiencing a lot of random reboots. I've been trying to narrow it down to something I'm doing that is causing it, but from what I can tell it's completely random. It's especially obnoxious when I'm on the phone and it suddenly reboots for no reason. It's not a soft reboot either that was once an issue with the lockscreen, but a full reboot. It happens 2 or 3 times a day.

Is anyone else experiencing this or know of a way that I could at least diagnose the problem?

RevNumbers

Reaction score
I'm experiencing it too, but not anywhere near as often... I've tried not overclocking but it didn't seem to make a difference, mine happens about once a day, sometimes twice... I haven't been able to narrow it down to a cause though :-/

OP
D

dankarlinski

Do a clean wipe and reinstall it.

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

jdog94

Reaction score
i get some reboots when i plug into usb and mount for mass storage

trook

Reaction score
yeah, I got the usb reboots too for a while, I moved everything I needed off of my sd card, then formatted it, then reinstalled my music, photos, ect. But I left most of the app and android created folders off of my sd and it hasn't happened since.

EDIT: Random usb reboots still happeneing if I do anything while plugging it in, including just having an app open....reboot, not just on liberty but rubix as well.

OP
G

gJon

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've actually tried SBFing and factory resetting and it didn't solve the problem. I haven't wiped my SD card though, so I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

jay_d_

Reaction score
I've had similar problems. I was getting a lot with fission, but they stopped when I switched to gummyjar.

When I first switched to liberty, all was good, but recently had frequent reboots, too, or even completely black screen needing battery pulls.

I formatted the sd card, sbfed, and did a clean install last night, restoring my old apps with titanium and reloading music onto the sd card. Since then, no reboots....this is the longest I've gone without a random reboot in a while.

Which makes me wonder if my problems with fission were sd card related.

Regardless, loving liberty!

cyberyaga

Reaction score
BTW... Everyone should know this, is a great thing to know.

ALT + SHIFT + DEL = Reebot... Even if your phone is dead and unresponsive, it will force a reebot.

Beats pulling out the battery ;)

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This comes stock with pretty low voltages try changing them if your having problems.

want a droid

Reaction score

ALT + SHIFT + DEL = Reebot... Even if your phone is dead and unresponsive, it will force a reebot.

Thanks I never knew that. Awesome, seems like it could come in handy.

jovapa

Reaction score
i had no idea about this either, and immediately tried it to make sure you weren't kidding... lol

thanks for the info

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
G

gJon

Ok, so I formatted the SD card last night and left it blank. I got a reboot about an hour later so that didn't solve it. I went through all of my apps this morning and got rid of everything that isn't essential... so far no reboots. I have an uptime of about 4 hours right now, and as sad as it is 4 hours is pretty impressive for my phone. If this doesn't work I guess I'll try SBFing again and wiping the SD card when I do so.

ultima

Reaction score

add me to the not-knowing list lol...thx for the tip battery pulls can get annoying