Random reboots?

hendricksfan01

Reaction score
I'm rooted. I froze all the bloatware apps. Still get the random reboots.

Hmm. I don't know. Nothing for me today. I've been fixing this stupid netflix issue. Finally got it done. Give it a few and see if it clears up. Seen someone say that systems need to work a week or two to work the bugs out.

Hybrid_Droid

Reaction score
Well, im still getting random reboots and my phone just shutting off itself. Does it at least once a day. I just got off the phone with tech support and she said it could be a virus from an app I DL'd from the market and suggested a factory reset. Thing is, 90% of the apps on my DX2 are the same apps I had on my HTC Eris. You guys think I should go ahead and to my factory reset?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

hendricksfan01

Reaction score
Well, im still getting random reboots and my phone just shutting off itself. Does it at least once a day. I just got off the phone with tech support and she said it could be a virus from an app I DL'd from the market and suggested a factory reset. Thing is, 90% of the apps on my DX2 are the same apps I had on my HTC Eris. You guys think I should go ahead and to my factory reset?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Lol. Yeah VZW likes to blame the market. Go ahead and factory reset. Its a PITA I know. But then let your phone runs a couple days without the apps. See if that works. If not call tech again and tell them you have no apps downloaded then see what the excuse is. A little insight according to a VZW tech sup. Guy, the just follow a guide which gives them possible solutions. And they get paid by the call, kinda. This was his words so don't shoot me if its wrong. That's what I would do. My wifes no longer reboots so like I stated previously let the phone breath new air once you get it before loading a bunch of apps on it.

Sandso9

Reaction score
I haven't had any reboots since I posted this lol but what I did do that night was root and turn on all animations in the display settings once I turned all animations off I stopped getting reboots so you guys might want to see if its on or not.

Sent from my DROID X2

anopy1

Reaction score
I've done a search and didn't have too much luck. Anyone having issues with your phone randomly rebooting since Gingerbread? I have an unrooted, stock DX. It rebooted 3 times on me yesterday at all random times, and twice each previous day since the update.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
What are you doing at the time of the reboots? It is possible the phone is overheating? You may also have some corruption, and need to SBF and then reupdate to GingerBread and restore your stuff.

Beka27

Reaction score
No. It's been flawless. I had more reboot issues with Froyo.

Of course, I was rooted on Froyo and currently am rooted on GB.

yearn

Reaction score
Mine has also rebooted a few times since I did the OTA update. and I did SBF back to froyo and formatted SD card before update. when i notice it the worst is when Im listening to music thru the earbuds or when i connect it to the dock it will occasionally reboot.
Actually when im listening to music, it just shuts off completly and I have to hold the power button to turn it back on.
Pretty weird. I just assumed it was a GB bug.

bama29

Reaction score
Yes I have had several "random" reboots since installing the OTA Gingerbread. The latest was last night while it was charging. The ring it gives right before preparing the SD card woke me. I had no reboot issues prior to GB. Every reboot so far has been when the phone was in standby...

jonathon1289

Reaction score
The only reboot on rooted .596 has been my fault, while overclocking and undervolting the phone testing frequencies. Other than t hat my phone has been rock solid.

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
It's rebooted on me twice that I know of, both times shortly after pulling it off the charger in the morning. (It's possible it might have rebooted more times overnight, without my knowledge, as I generally do not turn off my phone.)
Due to the low number of failures, I had assumed it to be due to a faulty app or two somewhere.
I've also occasionally had the phone freeze on me a few times on GB, but all of those times I had a lot of apps running concurrently (tweetdeck, browser running flash, lastfm, and music being streamed through the player,) so having the phone choke wasn't entirely unexpected, even if it was a little annoying. Sometimes the freeze clears out after a few seconds, and sometimes it takes a battery pull, but it's not something that'll put me off using my Droid X.

anopy1

Reaction score
Hmm, thanks everyone. It rebooted on me 4 times so far today. Mostly while the phone wasn't being used. I already tried a factory reset and it didn't help.

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Reboots appear to have stopped!

Although my phone rebooted twice after OTA GB (which I considered normal) I haven't had any more random reboots since then, that I've noticed, anyway...(fingers crossed).

I was getting 0-3 random ones a day. Unrooted then and now.

So, hmmmmmmm....

Reaction score
I had issues with reboots in GB because I had the app BUMP installed. Took it off and it was all good. If you have BUMP, try removing it and see what happens. If you don't have BUMP, not sure.