Random reboots?

vfrc46

Reaction score
Very good point. And that's the only issue I've had, enjoying the phone otherwise.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jpblock82

Reaction score
I feel for you guys having these problems. Again, a reboot every few days for me, but that should be expected for a new device... no wonder you guys are doubting the new D3.. best of luck to u!!

leobg

Reaction score
I experienced several reboots the first day and started forum searching that night. After finding many comments on the issue began to wonder if I should take the phone back. And these reboots didn't always occur when I was using the phone. At least one occurred while in the car with bluetooth running but not on a call.
I started looking at the apps I pulled from my OD and uninstalled Lookout on a hunch. Maybe coincidence, but the phone has been better since with one reboot while trying to swipe across to a different home screen.
Going to hang on to the phone a few more days through reg use and see how it goes.
Brian

I would at least hang tight for the first major update. There are always bugs with new hardware/software. I get a reboot every now and then, but nothing that would make me wanna take the phone back.

Given the track record Motorola has with the previous "droids", except OG Droid maybe, don't hold your breath...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I was having about 3-4 random reboots a day throughout my first week with the phone.

For some odd reason, I never saw the suggestion to clear all of your saved WiFi networks. Once I read it, I thought it sounded like a dumb suggestion to be honest. But, I decided I'd be willing to try anything to get this to stop, so I did it. I haven't had a random reboot in four days. Now that I've said that, my phone will probably start rebooting every hour, but so far so good.

Rouxdy

Reaction score
I was having about 3-4 random reboots a day throughout my first week with the phone.

For some odd reason, I never saw the suggestion to clear all of your saved WiFi networks. Once I read it, I thought it sounded like a dumb suggestion to be honest. But, I decided I'd be willing to try anything to get this to stop, so I did it. I haven't had a random reboot in four days. Now that I've said that, my phone will probably start rebooting every hour, but so far so good.

I cleared mine as well and the reboots are about 80% reduced.

jpblock82

Reaction score
Just fyi... since I've been more productive on here lately, I've been commenting via droidforums app... which has caused my phone to reboot more than anything else... go figure!

Sent from my DROID3

Ghleyo

Reaction score
Just joined the forum to help out with the problem. I've been getting reboots in the morning along with seemingly random resets while not moving. First morning reset I had data & wifi off, so only the cell radio was on. This morning I had the phone in Airplane mode and it still reset.

I don't seem to have the problem with wifi, though I manually found my router. The cell tower switch seems more feasible since my house seems to like to change cell service from 1x to 3g and one bar to three.

Bernardo

Reaction score
I've had this problem as well, but only a few times a week. My wife and I both got D3s. She has not experienced this issue. I did notice how when my D3 synced, it pulled in the remembered wifi networks from my D1. But for my wife, her's did not. I've deleted all the networks on my phone since this appeared to have worked for others here. If it continues, I'll try to the factory reset method. Thanks for all the information. Hopefully there's a patch soon.

asdfaa

Reaction score
Deleting all the (synced) wifi networks and recreating worked for me. Had a couple reboots a week before, none for the past week after the wifi workaround (disabling wifi completely before that also fixed it, but that's crappy)

pontiusx

Reaction score
idk, i'm pretty sure i've had plenty of reboots with wifi turned off. id love to send an email to motorola about the problems with this phone..

pontiusx

Reaction score
also, almost always, the wallpaper on the phone will revert to the default wallpaper (its like a white and grey diagonal striping?) when I see the wallpaper has changed, This means that without a doubt, the phone will reboot in the next 5 minutes . Anyone else?

harlock

Reaction score
My wife and I activated ours last night. She has not had a smartphone before. Within the first half hour of using the device, my D3 had done quick reboots at least twice. I began attributing this to the phone syncing from my D1, and because I had began to download some of my fav apps that did not carry over.

So far, my D3 hasn't rebooted on its own today.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Mine has done it only 3 times in the 3 weeks I have had it, and once was while using an app that I am alpha testing so I'm blaming that app for that one. Both the other times, I happened to notice that it was showing that it had no signal, I put it in Airplane mode, then on turning Airplane mode back off, it rebooted. For the most part, it has been quite stable and reliable.

diskman8004

Reaction score
all, i was experiencing constant reboots but found in one of the forums someone had moved their old sd card to their new droid 3 and was getting reboots. he mentioned that several folders exists on original sd card and new droid 3 may be having conflicts. so he removed (.android_secure, LOST.DIR, Android and in the DCIM he removed .thumbnails and 100ANDRO) from the original sd card. I did this over 2 days ago and haven't had one reboot. :) i'm still trying to find the original poster to give him creds. this worked for my droid 3. give it a try and see if it works for yours.