Random Reboots

cyberyaga

Reaction score
LOL... I can't even remember where I learned that. But glad to share...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
G

gJon

Well I have 24 hours of uptime as of now which leads me to believe an app was to blame. I'm just going to install apps as needed and see if/when the reboots start up again.

shawn13165

Reaction score
Any of you getting the random reboots have lookout installed? I had the randoms when i had the stock rom alot, Now i get them once every couple days. I remember seeing something about this before in another thread or forum and somebody had said lookout was responsible for their reboots. Cant confirm this as i havent tried it. Have any luck pass along your fix/suggestion

dynamiclynk

Reaction score
Any of you getting the random reboots have lookout installed? I had the randoms when i had the stock rom alot, Now i get them once every couple days. I remember seeing something about this before in another thread or forum and somebody had said lookout was responsible for their reboots. Cant confirm this as i havent tried it. Have any luck pass along your fix/suggestion

I have Lookout and RevRemix, no random boot except if i try and download a theme from the toolkit, it will try for about 5 seconds to download a theme then reboot and no zip was downloaded, I guess that's not random since I can reproduce it ;)

Zibrah3ed

Reaction score
I had trouble with random reboots. My problem was titanium backup was restoring some old system apps and data from gummyjar. I deleted these backups and installed the rom again as per directions and have not had any further trouble.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Its offical LOL...ive been getting random reboots too. But only when i plug the usb in~

~What i have done~
sbf
reinstall
wipe
clear cache
tried a different computer
i dont use titanium
and i dont ever restore apps i enjoy reinstalling everything :)
and a few combinations of the above too.... and it only happens when i plug in the usb

shawn13165

Reaction score
Finally uninstalled lookout and haven't had any freeze-ups or reboots all day! It was getting pretty ridiculous happening quite often throughout the day

trook

Reaction score
Still getting usb reboots when I'm doing anything while plugging in, an app, a text, anything. If I leave it alone, no reboots, I'm running rubix now so its not just a Liberty problem.

shawn13165

Reaction score
Yea, my random reboots started when I had the stock rom installed and followed with liberty. I think my issues were related to lookout. Just have to find new av/security software. Any suggestions?

dynamiclynk

Reaction score
AVG is good. Funny I haven't had any random reboots, only if I try to install a theme from toolkit, it never installs nor downloads to download folder, I have to manually install via recovery which is the same just an extra step.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I, too was having reboots at least once a day. I thought it was from overclocking with a low voltage. But, I uninstalled Lookout and now the reboots are not happening. I might give AVG a try.

jediman

Reaction score
I got a lot of lock ups lately.
But one thing I was using as far as apps go, was a soundboard app and then perfect comic viewer. Uninstalled last night and no issues so far which is nice. Usually it locks up every 48 hours.

One other thing I noticed is since uninstalling perfect viewer i no longer get delayed redraws. Yay.dancedroid

Loving libery otherwise!
Also, anyone narrow down the FM radio right ear only issue?

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I sbf'd and formatted my sd card. Then I reinstalled Liberty and I haven't had a hang up yet. It was happening quite regularly before.

micp1480

Reaction score
WOW! I am glad I checked in on this before I checked into somewhere else. I thought it is was just me having this random reboot, and reboot when the USB connects up with my Droid. Now what? 1.5?

MICP1480