Random reboots?

gizmo99360

Reaction score
I did the factory reset with mine...I had one more reboot...then I just restored my stock .340 backup...redownloaded liberty and reflashed. No issues since

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
By doing a factory reset how did you get into the bootloader? Are you sure it was the bootloader and where were you trying to do a factory reset from? It should all be very easy.

You guys are talking about doing a factory data reset from within "privacy" in your settings menu correct?

gizmo99360

Reaction score
Nvm...still doing it. It only seems to do it if it's just sitting there with the screen off. I go to push top button to turn the screen on and the phone is completely off.

gizmo99360

Reaction score
Yes, factory reset from privacy menu

OP
M

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
By doing a factory reset how did you get into the bootloader? Are you sure it was the bootloader and where were you trying to do a factory reset from? It should all be very easy.

You guys are talking about doing a factory data reset from within "privacy" in your settings menu correct?

I did the one in the privacy menu. Yeah it said bootloader 30.04 at the top.

I couldn't leave it alone though... So I did a .340 SBF which bootlooped me and I couldn't get into CWRecovery or stock recovery (got the same bootloader error)...

Finally got .320 SBF downloaded, figured out all the quirks in RSDlite BTW, flash that. Factory reset a few times, flashed .340 system only SBF, factory reset a couple times, let it boot up completely, rooted with z4, bootstrapper, then installed Liberty.

Hopefully this erased any random issue I was having. Thank god for everyone in the Droid communities work because otherwise my phone would have been done and I would have been out $80 at a minimum. But I saved my X and learned a lot about the process.

I'll report back if I still get reboots, at this point it has to be an application caused or a liberty bug. Loving the rom so far!

mcp770

Reaction score
If coming from other roms make sure you delete any folders they created from your sd card. The tranq folder was the cause of reboots for me when I switched from tranquility.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
For random reboots check this for me.... go to settings --> applications --> manage applications --> on sdcard

Check and see if any of the apps are on the SD card... if they are move them to the internal storage.... I have found that if an app is running on the sdcard and for any reason your sdcard becomes unavailable such as putting it in mass storage on the USB... you will get soft reboots

Really we have eight gig of internal storage for apps on our phones so there really should be no reason not to have them on internal storage.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MrKleen

Reaction score
If coming from other roms make sure you delete any folders they created from your sd card. The tranq folder was the cause of reboots for me when I switched from tranquility.

Hmm perhaps. But I have all my folders from my other Roms so I can switch back and forth and have no problems.

xliderider

Reaction score
Random reboots can also be caused by a corrupted file/filesystem on the sd card as well. If you have a spare sd card, put that in your phone to test it out a while.

gizmo99360

Reaction score
I found my issue. I got a refurb the other day...its even doin it on a sbf. There is a bad spot on the screen anywayz so I will be getting a replacement. Hopefully no reboots then...lol

MrKleen

Reaction score
Cool! I guess sometimes you just have to go all the way and do the sbf.

Good luck!

OP
M

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
I'm convinced there are things changed in system files with some Tom's that don't play well with others. All's good if you know what your doing.

OP
M

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
I just got a reboot after a missed call. All apps that were installed to SD have previously been moves to phone. Should I try deleting old ROMs folders on the SD card?

xliderider

Reaction score
I'm convinced there are things changed in system files with some Tom's that don't play well with others. All's good if you know what your doing.

I agree with this. I have had remnants of previous themes left after applying a new theme. To avoid this problem, you should be restoring a clean Backup of Liberty in between themes.