[ROM] [R3]BLURR3D V2.0 PBX MOTO Kernel (10/22/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
so again I would like to ask what one click FastBoot does beyond merely doing it thru the Bionic's stock recovery? only if you cannot get into that stock recovery?

Maybe you know something about the stock recovery I don't but my understanding is that when custom recovery is installed the factory stock image is gone so you cant simply do a factory restore. What one click does is allow you to put the phone in Fastboot mode and push the stock boot and system.img's then root the phone if you want. If there is an easier way to recover when you are bootlooping or soft bricked at the dual core screen please enlighten me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

doctordoctor

Reaction score
so I had to reload all my apps from the Amazon market... no big deal. However from the android market It shows all my apps not installed and they are not in my app drawer... except they are installed when I try to click them to install them from the market. does that make sense? they are there but not!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maybe you know something about the stock recovery I don't but my understanding is that when custom recovery is installed the factory stock image is gone so you cant simply do a factory restore. What one click does is allow you to put the phone in Fastboot mode and push the stock boot and system.img's then root the phone if you want. If there is an easier way to recover when you are bootlooping or soft bricked at the dual core screen please enlighten me.

Bootloader is locked, thus the stock recovery stays intact. All that is loaded onto the Bionic is a bootstrap recovery, not overwrtiting the stock recovery.

Thus simply going into the stock bootmenu by pressing the power button and both volume up & down buttons simutaneously, then selecting recovery, will get you to the stock recovery screen...then pressing both volume up and volume down together again gets you the stock recovery menu...there is the option to factory reset...

It loads back up and you have to go thru the relogging into gmail process...then it relaods all your apps and resyncs all your contacts and info...if you were rooted prior then SuperUser should still be there.... thus still rooted...
I've done this already, so just wanted to know what more your one click Fastboot did...

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Bootloader is locked, thus the stock recovery stays intact. All that is loaded onto the Bionic is a bootstrap recovery, not overwrtiting the stock recovery.

Thus simply going into the stock bootmenu by pressing the power button and both volume up & down buttons simutaneously, then selecting recovery, will get you to the stock recovery screen...then pressing both volume up and volume down together again gets you the stock recovery menu...there is the option to factory reset...

It loads back up and you have to go thru the relogging into gmail process...then it relaods all your apps and resyncs all your contacts and info...if you were rooted prior then SuperUser should still be there.... thus still rooted...
I've done this already, so just wanted to know what more your one click Fastboot did...

So you have done this on a phone that was unbootable or say someone formatted system and accidentally rebooted? Thus there is no ROM on the phone?

BlazinBlake

Reaction score
@dhacker I am running the new unl3ash3dv1.4 and connect print from MOTOPRINT. I can see my printer and is online. but when i try to print a contact is says "this printer is incompatible with the current selected doctument type" Any help??

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So you have done this on a phone that was unbootable or say someone formatted system and accidentally rebooted? Thus there is no ROM on the phone?

So you're saying that formatting system via bootstrap erases the factory stock ROM and you can no longer do the factory reset???

chris420o

Reaction score
I still cant add my email acct...any fix for this?

And fyi there is a nice video in the op show you how to install

rwking

Reaction score
Any feedback on the effectiveness of the battery drain fix in 1.4? I'm still getting drained pretty badly. It's 9:30 now and I unplugged my phone at 100% at 7:40. In almost two hours I'm down to 86%. Not too bad, but I'm at work and using my phone very little. I guess the rest of the day will be the real litmus test. Hoping I won't have to charge it until this evening - that would be ideal!

doctordoctor

Reaction score
nice getting rid of the bloatware. phone is zippy. hassle reloading all my apps again. but nice ROM for a start. I would love the dev to incorporate the QQ launcher. I like it the best right now. It is very sleek and hopefully gains traction. especially like the app drawer features of continuous swiping and opening where you left off and the check list that is there when you want to add something to your home panel etc. dancedroid

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
I will have a nice update out this evening. Yes, pop3 email is fixed plus somethings I have been working on implementing. This is a complete revamp that will also, work with the [D3]BLUR Transformation Pack that will be released.

I nuked one of my Bionics so it has been slow going the last 2 days, but.... lol

Its coming along. :)

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
nice getting rid of the bloatware. phone is zippy. hassle reloading all my apps again. but nice ROM for a start. I would love the dev to incorporate the QQ launcher. I like it the best right now. It is very sleek and hopefully gains traction. especially like the app drawer features of continuous swiping and opening where you left off and the check list that is there when you want to add something to your home panel etc. dancedroid

QQ Launcher??

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sure sounds a lot like the Go launcher - app drawer and check list.

rwking

Reaction score
72% battery after 4 hours off charger with light use. :-/

Cell standby 35%
Phone Idle 31%

Status
Not open for further replies.