[ROM] [ROM] PURITY v2.5 TPAX |11-19-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooddale

Reaction score
Actually, it's NOT the phone, it's the 4G NETWORK. If it was the phone, only Bionics would be the only ones affected. Other 4G phones are experiencing the same outages.

You could be wright or not it depends where you are at. Im in IL and havent had any problems last couple days. If I do have problems most times its the phone I switch to my TB and its fine so then I know its phone. not always though its a crap shoot

markwebb

Reaction score
You could be wright or not it depends where you are at. Im in IL and havent had any problems last couple days. If I do have problems most times its the phone I switch to my TB and its fine so then I know its phone. not always though its a crap shoot

Unfortunately, it's the network per updated reports. :(

springnut

Reaction score
exactly my point

I would lose data on occasion prior to purity but after purity, it is far worse. It may have to do with the phone, network or the kernal but I do know from my experience that the purity update has made it a lot worse than it was prior
yeah I'm not entirely buying that the ROM has nothing to do with these problems. I updated to 893 and have been flashing this ROM since 1.4, maybe even before that. My issues with 3G disappearing at random have come and gone with different versions of the ROM. I've tried the SIM card removal method, going back to stock and flashing a clean install of the ROM not just updating. While these kernal issues may not be CAUSED by the ROM, I definitely think changes in the ROM could be effecting those existing issues in some way. That's not to say I'm blaming anyone, it's just an observation that I've noticed while using this ROM since release both on 893 and the kernal the phone shipped with at release.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I would lose data on occasion prior to purity but after purity, it is far worse. It may have to do with the phone, network or the kernal but I do know from my experience that the purity update has made it a lot worse than it was prior

That is odd. Since flashing Purity I have rarely had any data drops outside of the network issues over the last few days.

springnut

Reaction score
tried the sim pull

I did the sim card trick so I will see what happens and post back tomorrow. I have noticed that after phone calls I lose data for a good 5 minuts. If I try the airplane toggle it doesn't help. Sometimes a reboot will help. Usually I just have to wait it out but it sure is frustrating when I need to do something using data and can't. I like purity but if this problem persists I'm gonna have to remove it.:frown:

ybnrml86

Reaction score
@VZWnewsVerizon Wireless

We’re working to resolve some 4GLTE issues ASAP, some customers report operating on 3G or no data. 3G data; calls/texts unaffected

3 hours ago via web

FourFive

Reaction score
Running the Purity IC3 ROM, not sure why I waited so long to try it, excellent work and thanks for all the time and dedication put into it.

springnut

Reaction score
Data is still droppig

So I tried the sim card trick and no help. I drop data almost as much as when i have it 50/50. Sucks balls. I turned off LTE and got great data and outstanding battery results. Looks like Purity is a deal breaker for me. I wonder if I dump it and try it over again if I will get better results. Like a corrupt file during install or something. Ideas anyone?

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
So I tried the sim card trick and no help. I drop data almost as much as when i have it 50/50. Sucks balls. I turned off LTE and got great data and outstanding battery results. Looks like Purity is a deal breaker for me. I wonder if I dump it and try it over again if I will get better results. Like a corrupt file during install or something. Ideas anyone?

The Network has been having issues for 2 days. There is nothing in a ROM that can cause data drops. The radio is untouched. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

wooddale

Reaction score
The Network has been having issues for 2 days. There is nothing in a ROM that can cause data drops. The radio is untouched. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

DT think the outage got anything to do with OTA

springnut

Reaction score
10-4

OK I will hold off another day or so to see if this verizon data issue goes away. I hate to blame the rom if its not the rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.