Not open for further replies.
OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Look for [K]IN3TX in the next couple days. I think we will all be very happy. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Look for [K]IN3TX in the next couple days. I think we will all be very happy. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dude you suck, roflmao!!!!
That's like telling a 6 year old," were going to Disneyland... Soon..."
Haha...
Can't wait, any previews?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wooddale

Reaction score
Whats gonna happen if and when the OTA gets here l and its like 899 will we still be able to use Rom or will we have to wait until DT adjusts?

springnut

Reaction score
3G/4G signal loss

I updated to Purity because it was based on the latest leaked ota update version. The ota was supposed to include a fix for the dropped data issues. I still am dropping data after my install of purity. Any body know why?

wooddale

Reaction score
I updated to Purity because it was based on the latest leaked ota update version. The ota was supposed to include a fix for the dropped data issues. I still am dropping data after my install of purity. Any body know why?

Because its not the fix for the data loss everyone says not 100%. I am sure it is not the Rom if anything it would help

wizard

Reaction score

Roms don't modify kernals. The real kernal update helped data drops. Don't blame the ROM.

Sadahiro

Reaction score
Roms don't modify kernals. The real kernal update helped data drops. Don't blame the ROM.

+1

Yea if I remember correctly we can even touch the Kernel or the Radio

ybnrml86

Reaction score

I just went from the leaked 5.7.893 to Purity ICS and I cant get any 4g. It worked great pre purity with full bars in two different cities(work/home). Now nada just 3g. I tried battery pulls, CDMA/LTE toggling/airplane mode to no avail. Any ideas????

Thank You

wooddale

Reaction score
I just went from the leaked 5.7.893 to Purity ICS and I cant get any 4g. It worked great pre purity with full bars in two different cities(work/home). Now nada just 3g. I tried battery pulls, CDMA/LTE toggling/airplane mode to no avail. Any ideas????

Thank You
Thats what I thought the othet guy meant. ANSWER IS STILL same its not the rom its the phone

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Major VZ system updates yesterday and today I heard that it is in preparation for the christmas rush of 4 g devices..
Call 611 and check to see if your area is currently being affected.

ybnrml86

Reaction score

Thank You

I fixed my issue. I turned the phone off, removed the sim card, booted it gave some error about no sim , then turned the phone off replaced the sim card and rebooted. Bingo 4g function returned to normal.

wats6831

Reaction score
Thats what I thought the othet guy meant. ANSWER IS STILL same its not the rom its the phone

yeah I'm not entirely buying that the ROM has nothing to do with these problems. I updated to 893 and have been flashing this ROM since 1.4, maybe even before that. My issues with 3G disappearing at random have come and gone with different versions of the ROM. I've tried the SIM card removal method, going back to stock and flashing a clean install of the ROM not just updating. While these kernal issues may not be CAUSED by the ROM, I definitely think changes in the ROM could be effecting those existing issues in some way. That's not to say I'm blaming anyone, it's just an observation that I've noticed while using this ROM since release both on 893 and the kernal the phone shipped with at release.

Last edited:

wizard

Reaction score
yeah I'm not entirely buying that the ROM has nothing to do with these problems. I updated to 893 and have been flashing this ROM since 1.4, maybe even before that. My issues with 3G disappearing at random have come and gone with different versions of the ROM. I've tried the SIM card removal method, going back to stock and flashing a clean install of the ROM not just updating. While these kernal issues may not be CAUSED by the ROM, I definitely think changes in the ROM could be effecting those existing issues in some way. That's not to say I'm blaming anyone, it's just an observation that I've noticed while using this ROM since release both on 893 and the kernal the phone shipped with at release.

There is also "verizon service issues" that are just out of every ones hands but no one ever considers. Lte is a baby as far as cellphone signal and has caused lots of fun for all. Just be open minded to that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.