Possible end of "My" NexTheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
To all who have enjoyed this theme I put together, I thank you for all the kind words and support.

I have removed all the download links for the time because I'm being told in order to be an Official D/F Themer my work has to be 100% original.

I will not continue to support this theme until this has been worked out.

If anyone has enjoyed what I have done please post it here. (If this thread does not get closed)

ZBoater

Reaction score
Nooooooooooooo! What kind of rule is that? Especially when proper credit is given?

Now I am seriously depressed.... :(

You do GREAT work. Thanks for maintaining and improving this awesome theme.

captdroid

Reaction score
To all who have enjoyed this theme I put together, I thank you for all the kind words and support.

I have removed all the download links for the time because I'm being told in order to be an Official D/F Themer my work has to be 100% original.

If anyone has enjoyed what I have done please post it here. (If this thread does not get closed)

That's just childish.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

That's just childish.

now that's funny coming from the copy and paste master...

captdroid

Reaction score

That's just childish.

now that's funny coming from the copy and paste master...

Dude when you needed help I was there and helped you and made suggestions and pointed out obvious problems. You did not create this theme. You as did I ported bits and pieces of this theme and took graphics from around and I gave you credit for the pieces I took out of your port. Grow up!

Clemson28

Reaction score
I can't believe what I am seeing.....Your work on the nextheme is awesome, and I know you have helped me out tremendously. I hope this issue will get resolved soon

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
One warning....bickering can stop or the thread will be closed.

Sent from somewhere...

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
you called him childish then try to take the high ground..thats kinda funny.

this thread is so locked! i can feel it

I.B.T.L!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How we doing tonight? Everybody getting along ok? I'm a little board, I can write some infractions if you guys are having issues. Or we could all just get along respectfully. Your choice.

captdroid

Reaction score
you called him childish then try to take the high ground..thats kinda funny.

this thread is so locked! i can feel it

I.B.T.L!

I call it as I see it and was speaking specifically to the person I responded. I think it's sad to punish others just because your not getting some silly badge and attempt to hold hostage the forum administration. IMO downright childish.

captdroid

Reaction score
How we doing tonight? Everybody getting along ok? I'm a little board, I can write some infractions if you guys are having issues. Or we could all just get along respectfully. Your choice.

No problem hook... I'm done sorry about that.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hope for the sake of the community this doesn't get out of hand because there is not ONE SINGLE themer out there who has a 100% original theme. If you say there is, you're a liar. Many good themers have done HEAVY modifications to just about every .apk in a ROM, but not everything is original.
I don't know what the "terms" are to be an official themer on this site, but I sincerely hope its not taken to draconian measures. I don't know the matters of this particular situation so I'll reserve judgement for a later date. However, I do respect that this forum is not a democracy, and as such, there are rules set forth that we must follow.

As long as proper credit is given for items/images/etc that were used in a meshed/mixed theme, I don't see what the issue is.
I've seen plenty of my images that I created from scratch used in other themes, plenty of which used by "official themers", and credit was given. No harm, no foul.

Just my .02

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me be the bearer of truth being that I dealt with the situation first hand -

The O/P was simply asked to remove his donate link as it is only allowed to be displayed by Official Developers and Themers of D/F

The O/P was also told that to become an Official Themer or Developer his work must be 100% Original - if he/she chooses to remove their work because of the few dollars that they will not be getting, then that is a decision made by them and not Droid Forums

Last edited:

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so what bp... just make your own theme. You have the skills. I have seen them in action. I had to do the same thing. Hence..Chrome.

Just go get it done man. $10 says it turns out better than Nextheme and you will like it more because you made it.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Let me be the bearer of truth being that I dealt with the situation first hand -

The O/P was simply asked to remove his donate link as it is only allowed to be displayed by Official Developers and Themers of D/F

The O/P was also told that to become an Official Themer or Developer his work must be 100% Original - if he/she chooses to remove their work because of the few dollars that they will not be getting, then that is a decision made by them and not Droid Forums

Understood and respected.

Just out of curiosity, is there somewhere on this site that specifies the requirements for being an official themer/developer?
Because I have 4 themes, all considered "original", and I was denied an official themer status, because I was/am known for my boot animations, and that was deemed not a themer.
I don't have an issue with it because I'm not here to make money.
Just curious what is considered "100% original" work.

Status
Not open for further replies.