Official Team D1-MIUI-10.29-V6.X Release

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by metiCkOne, Oct 29, 2010.

1. frostthejack

frostthejack Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you dont like weekly updates then wait till they announce a stable release.

everyone knows that if they install the weekly update it will likely be unstable.

2. ipadl

ipadl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking back to my personal install history, and there may have been something fishy. I think I installed the 6.1 ROM, then realized that I forgot to triple wipe. I hadn't left recovery yet, so I then triple wiped and reinstalled the rom. This might have been my problem. So far, the new install is working correctly. I will update if anything else changes.

Thanks for your work.

Seth

3. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay I'm gonna take a break from this for a few hours. I will try and duplicate the problems some of you have. Help each other out in the mean time if you can. If haven't done the steps below and have issues than it's probably not a legit bug.

- Flash 6.1 after wiping data/cache

- Do not install any other zips over it whatsoever (yet)

- When phone boots skip the activation as seen in the attached pic (tap each corner of the screen don't swipe)

- Do not use any app to restore data no titanium backup or anything like it at all!

- To get network location on go into settings-personal tab at the bottom-security and privacy-Use wireless networks.

Please don't report bugs if you're using a modded version of the rom. It's not personal, we just don't support things we don't do.If you've done all of these things and still have problems than post them up in the thread.

#207 metiCkOne, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  4. JLangevin

JLangevin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Metick, any idea on why Im not getting email notification sounds? I get LED and icon but not the sound. SMS works fine.

5. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know yet. I don't use the app. I'm gonna have to setup a hotmail account to test it lol. I'll look into it though.

To Everyone: Also, I updated the op with what I just posted so everyone knows.

6. perfoliate

perfoliate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay I've reinstalled voice and all my other apps. Everything appears to be working fine so I'm gonna run this for few hours without changing anything and see if the issue happens to creep up on me again. Thanks for the hard work guys :)

7. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    little sms question....I dont see anywhere in the sms settings to where i can set the enter button to send. Am I missing it? I keep pressing it without looking and go back 5 min later and its not sent lol other wise no FC's for me this thing is running smooth and battery is working great also

8. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10

Well, what you dont realize is that its causing everyone to work harder than we should have to (ie d1 team, themers, users). I am not saying that there is no pro's in releasing weekly versions of the ROM.

In the long run, wether you like playing weekly, this will lead to a lack of interest in themes for MIUI. Truth be told, whats the value of working on a theme when you know a full wipe rom will be released in 7 days...when you worked on a theme for 5 days. Users like myself only have a themed version for 2 days.

Also, look at all of you scrambling around like ants trying to get crap to work. This could all be avoided, as well as not promoting a lack of interest by those willing to theme/enhance features....if they would get the crap working right in the first place before releasing it.

Also, I am not referring to Metickone or Zen or Jamezelle...those guys are our workhorses....but if you fail to acknowledge it is a lot of work to fix issues as they arise every week...that would be foolish.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions...but your opinions wont mean jack squat about MIUI if people get tired of having to work their butts off because of weekly updates...and possibly stop working on it altogether...just because it takes away from their personal lives. How long do you think people are willing to continue working on stuff that could have been fixed by the chinese developers before releasing. I do understand that there are different features that are designed specifically for use in china (which may have little importance to us here).

9. davros

davros Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +33
    Damn you. ...... gotta port blue steel again

Sent by draining my battery.....

10. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET Active Member

Ratings:
    +6

I had that problem but I cleared data for it. its working now dancedroid

11. Spaniard85

Spaniard85 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Currently doing the same.

12. joyu

joyu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have not yet re flashed according to your procedure metiCkOne.

My location was working in weather yesterday when I flashed, and after I restored some apps using MIUI backup. Today when i woke up it was no longer working.

-I went into the task manager and did a force stop on news and weather, the problem was still there.

-I removed the widget, did a force stop, and a clear data with wifi on it now got my location almost instantly.

-With the widget still removed, I changed over to 3g, did a force stop (the clear data was grayed out), loaded weather and again it grabs my location almost instantly.

Good luck.

Search tags for this page
download task killer for miui v6
miui official dark theme

miui v6

miui v6 beta

miui v6 beta download
miui v6 i9100
miui v6 pantech burst

miui v6 release

miui v6 release date

miui v6 ss