"Official" Beautiful Widgets Skinning Thread

supr2nr

Reaction score
Here are the Skins that match my "Android Glass" Theme... again, pretty simple but thought I would share with you guys. Doubt these will go to BW.

8624d1274388419-official-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread-androidglass-presentation.png

8625d1274388439-official-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread-androidnaked-presentation.png

8626d1274388511-official-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread-androidblack-presentation.png

These are great. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

First time visiting this forum, and I must say, there is some talent here. I have spent hours browsing these skins. Did I miss a download for this clear clock skin? I would really like to use this.

Thanks!

Ditto on this one...We almost keep getting them.

928Droid....excellent job on your latest set. I like those!

ashkev843

Reaction score
DirtyRed......I converted the DirtyPaper icons over so they are all red in color now. Works and looks good on any dark background. I will put up some screen shots later. Just unzip and put the folder in the wskins folder. Let me know what you think.....
Love the red, looks great! can you make the bw skin to match it so its all in red numbers too? Maybe with a black background would look pretty sweet!

I will mess around with it this weekend. I like the red and white contrast it gives. Thanks

stangdroid

Reaction score
DirtyRed......I converted the DirtyPaper icons over so they are all red in color now. Works and looks good on any dark background. I will put up some screen shots later. Just unzip and put the folder in the wskins folder. Let me know what you think.....
Love the red, looks great! can you make the bw skin to match it so its all in red numbers too? Maybe with a black background would look pretty sweet!

I will mess around with it this weekend. I like the red and white contrast it gives. Thanks

Thanks. If you are really bored maybe one in white background and one in black? ;) I put it on the white and it does look really good!

ashkev843

Reaction score

Thanks. If you are really bored maybe one in white background and one in black? ;) I put it on the white and it does look really good!

Here is one with a black glass background background. Let me know what you think....if anything needs to be changed. just unzip and put it in the skins folder

peterjariel

Reaction score
Does BW have the annimation like the HTC widgets when you wake up the phone (moto droid)

seang

Reaction score
no,but if you touch the weather icon on the widget, it will pop up a forecast screen that has an animation.

stangdroid

Reaction score

Here is one with a black glass background background. Let me know what you think....if anything needs to be changed. just unzip and put it in the skins folder

Looks great! I just noticed that at some point it turned the numbers white. Was wondering tho if you could do the red numbers in the same style as the dirty paper skin?

ranphi

Reaction score
Here are screen shots of three weather skins now available via the Beautiful Widgets app. I plan on doing a circular version of the RealLudi real weather photograph icons, as I think circular icons might look better with many of the Home skins available. I appreciate all your feedback yall.

RealLudi

caa34c6d.jpg

I really love the idea and the pix you've selected to use with your "RealLudi" skin! Very cool! :)

However, I don't like it when things are "out of alignment", so the offset centering of the pix within their area of the BW widget really bugs me. (I know, I know...I'm picky). Actually, since I use the "smaller home" widget with BW on my main screen, the off-center alignment of the weather pic from this skin overlays the current temperature numbers just a bit on my phone, in addition to hanging below the bottom of the BW widget.

Any possibility you'd consider making a variation of this skin where the pix would be "centered" within the weather-info portion of the widget and thus not do the above 2 things I mentioned?

Sorry to be so picky! And thanks for any consideration you're willing to give my request!! :)

ludi

Reaction score
I really love the idea and the pix you've selected to use with your "RealLudi" skin! Very cool! :)

However, I don't like it when things are "out of alignment", so the offset centering of the pix within their area of the BW widget really bugs me. (I know, I know...I'm picky). Actually, since I use the "smaller home" widget with BW on my main screen, the off-center alignment of the weather pic from this skin overlays the current temperature numbers just a bit on my phone, in addition to hanging below the bottom of the BW widget.

Any possibility you'd consider making a variation of this skin where the pix would be "centered" within the weather-info portion of the widget and thus not do the above 2 things I mentioned?

Sorry to be so picky! And thanks for any consideration you're willing to give my request!! :)

Ranphi,

Hey mate, I appreciate your feedback, and am pleased you like the skin. I can also appreciate your fondness for alignment, as I share that same fondness. From what I understand, the alignment of the weather icons is handled by BW, or perhaps the skin. Perhaps someone more experienced with BW skinning can interject on this point. To demonstrate what I mean, I've included a photo. I will attempt to decrease the hight of the images, and modify the width.
The following image is using the same icon set as used in the quoted screenshot. I will talk with the BW dev, see if I can figure a solution.
89178d86.jpg