"Official" Beautiful Widgets Skinning Thread

countrygirl23

Reaction score
Hey, I have downloaded a few skins for the BW. I have uploaded them to where it needs to go. Data, BW, scskins. I go to change the theme it would say background skin corrupted. Is there another step or something I need to do? I really like the Obsidian theme as well as a few others.

decalex

Reaction score
Hey, I have downloaded a few skins for the BW. I have uploaded them to where it needs to go. Data, BW, scskins. I go to change the theme it would say background skin corrupted. Is there another step or something I need to do? I really like the Obsidian theme as well as a few others.

are you sure they're in the right place? there's regular skins (just "skins") and "scskins" (super clock skins).

Here's a new cyan skin if u wanna test. the zip contents would go in the regular skins folder.

Last edited:

countrygirl23

Reaction score
I have no clue, I downloaded them from this thread. I'll give it a shot on that one.

I did not know there was regular skins for the clock. Now I feel like a dummie. lol thanks

I like the theme you had me test. That is a sweet looking clock, it matches my Emolycious theme I bought and paid for on Crazy Home.

Last edited:

Shurple

Reaction score
I love the skins posted here but that app is awful!!! the temps are WAY off!

berfles

Reaction score
Anyone else still having issues with the weather being accurate? It says it's sunny out right now yet it's raining. I checked Accuweather (the engine I'm using) out and it at least says it's cloudy here.

Plus it's only giving a CityID and not the name anymore.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize this was purely a skin discussion thread, feel free to delete if it's out of line.

VinS

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently developing on my hobby time a skinmixer for Beautiful Widgets there : Android Experiment » Skin Mixer
It's still an alpha but works to mix the different parts of skins.

This way you can understand what permits the Super Clocks vs the normal clocks

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

psycho_maniac

Reaction score
can i make a small request? can somebody take the ICS superclock and remove the background behind the numbers?

decalex

Reaction score
can i make a small request? can somebody take the ICS superclock and remove the background behind the numbers?

If you're just wanting to remove the background completely, (and if you've got photoshop or Paint.net - free), you can just open the scskins folder, find the ICS clock, open the number background (you should be able to visually identify), erase that background and save. I mighta just made it sound complicated but it's not ;)

decalex

Reaction score
Here - I made it transparent: Unzip this folder into your beautiful widgets folder on your sdcard (should be under /sdcard/data/beautifulwidgets/scskins/)

Last edited:

Tcanderson2

Reaction score
skin

Would anyone be willing to skin a clock for me? My dog chewed my damn laptop power cord so i can't do it myself, and I haven't found this skin yet. It's simple, just a black sense flip clock with the ice cream sandwich theme colored numbers. I'd really appreciate it, if this thread is still alive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

kipliq

Reaction score
Just purchased the BW. I saw a few skins where the weather icon is on the right side of the screen. How would I move the weather icon or increase the size?

flamepanther

Reaction score
Here's my final version of the HTC Sense UI style clock skin for Beautiful Widgets.

Fully Optimized PNG files, laser-crisp quality, designed by GRAFIXPRESSIONS.com! Hope you guys & girls like it!

Shameless Plug: Stop by our website to see our collection of Droid related decals! http://www.grafixpressions.com/android.shtml

qtV9l.thinstyle_grfxp.jpg

Download: http://drp.ly/qv64P

That looks absolutely outstanding! Would you mind very much posting a new download link? This and the others appear to be offline.

Last edited:

Katt50

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently developing on my hobby time a skinmixer for Beautiful Widgets there : Android Experiment » Skin Mixer
It's still an alpha but works to mix the different parts of skins.

This way you can understand what permits the Super Clocks vs the normal clocks

Have a nice day.

This is an interesting idea, but I can't figure it out. Is it still being developed?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using DroidForums