Beautiful Widgets Skinnable version is released!!

pilot25

Reaction score
Is there any way to just change the fonts of the clock? I like the naked theme but want some of the clocks of the other themes without the backrounds.

Also can we change the fonts of the temps. and date to match the clock?

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Just downloaded... Doesn't seem to work in landscape mode. Do you have to have home++ or Pandahome to make this work? Also, how do you get the 3D clouds and lightning and stuff I keep seeing on youtube video's. Is this an option I'm not seeing it or is this not available yet?

You might want trying to uninstall and then reinstall the app. I think that's what the developer suggest....

Ok.. I've discovered that Landscape mode DOES work when I have the the physical keyboard open(I never use it so I didn't try it)... Is that what everyone is doing to see it? when I close the slide it goes back to portrait... The pictures in the skin developement thread show the phone closed in landscape, so I think I still have an issue. Can you uninstall and reinstall a paid app for free?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Just downloaded... Doesn't seem to work in landscape mode. Do you have to have home++ or Pandahome to make this work? Also, how do you get the 3D clouds and lightning and stuff I keep seeing on youtube video's. Is this an option I'm not seeing it or is this not available yet?

You might want trying to uninstall and then reinstall the app. I think that's what the developer suggest....

Ok.. I've discovered that Landscape mode DOES work when I have the the physical keyboard open(I never use it so I didn't try it)... Is that what everyone is doing to see it? when I close the slide it goes back to portrait... The pictures in the skin developement thread show the phone closed in landscape, so I think I still have an issue. Can you uninstall and reinstall a paid app for free?

The Home screen on a Droid doesn't do landsape mode until you open the keyboard. Therefore BW can't do landscape mode until your home screen does it.

The images in the previews aren't real photos just representations of what the BW widget looks like when you are in each mode.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
^^^ Makes sense.... All is well then... BW is awesome, getting lots of ooh's and ahh's from friends when they see the demo :)

LandoGriffin

Reaction score
I'm new here, so please forgive my ignorance.
I installed the skin as shown in this thread. The skin (carbon fiber alloy) shows up in the list of installed skins and I save and apply. But everything still looks the same.
anyone know what I am doing wrong? thanks!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
After you download(install) the skin you then go tot he Installed Skins screen , tap the desired skin and it wil ask you if you want to Apply the skin. After than tap the Save & Apply button and after a few seconds it should change.

If it doesn't remove the widget from the home screen and then add it back and it should have the new skin on it.

LandoGriffin

Reaction score
thanks.
but now I am getting "no more room on this home screen."

After you download(install) the skin you then go tot he Installed Skins screen , tap the desired skin and it wil ask you if you want to Apply the skin. After than tap the Save & Apply button and after a few seconds it should change.

If it doesn't remove the widget from the home screen and then add it back and it should have the new skin on it.

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
thanks.

You need to have 2 full rows empty for the "Beautiful Home" Widget and only 1 full row empty for the "Beautiful Smaller Home" Widget. Try the smaller version as that is probably what you had before.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
thanks.

If you are using the "large" version of BW, make sure you have 2 ROWS, 8 icons cleared out. That's how much space it takes, it's either a 4x2 or 4x1 (small version) so choose which you like and you'll have to make room for it accordingly. I've found that the More Icons app works wonderfully in conjunction with this.

LandoGriffin

Reaction score
ok got the clock working, but how do I get the background to load?
I tried opening the pic and set as, but it wants to crop the image.
thanks again and sorry for the stupid questions!
cheers

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
cheers

When ever you add or change Wallpapers using pics you have the option to crop them, OR not. Simply drag the crop box all the way out if you don't want to crop it smaller.

LandoGriffin

Reaction score
I must have screwed something up.
every time I open the background pick I get the crop box and cannot remove it.

cheers

When ever you add or change Wallpapers using pics you have the option to crop them, OR not. Simply drag the crop box all the way out if you don't want to crop it smaller.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
You CAN"T get rid of it, you have to use it to either crop the pic smaller or expand the crop box by dragging the edge(s) to include the whole image if you wish, then hit save.

This subject has gotten way off top topic of Beautiful Widgets, I would visit the Themes section and ask the question there or if you can't grasp how "cropping" works you should search the forum for "cropping".