Beautiful Widgets Skinnable version is released!!

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Thanks for the quick replies. Though, after browsing through the wallpapers I'm still stumped on how to download the wallpapers of choice. Would I copy it to my computer and bluetooth to phones SD card and apply as wallpaper. This should work, though there may be a easier way to skin this cat.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. Though, after browsing through the wallpapers I'm still stumped on how to download the wallpapers of choice. Would I copy it to my computer and bluetooth to phones SD card and apply as wallpaper. This should work, though there may be a easier way to skin this cat.
You can download from your Droid's browser and then just select it from the SD card.
You would need a file manager for this. Astro File Manager is a good app.

msblueline

Reaction score
You've got it now. The backgrounds aren't part of BW, just the clock/weather widget itself.

OK, thanks... That makes me feel better. Atleast now I know it is not my phone, it is me... LOL!

I just have to search for the correct wallpaper to fit the theme...

Thanks again,

msblueline
Here's the pyramid one Nexus LIVE WALLPAPPER Backgrounds! - Droid Wallpapers, Droid Gallery

Thanks for the pyramid wallpaper.

It looks like the Obsidian is the dark concrete slab that comes with the DROID. Is that correct?

msblueline

Reaction score
here's mine with naked skin... been waiting for a transparent skin since the cease and desist.

CAP20100125210350.jpg

msblueline

Reaction score
You can download from your Droid's browser and then just select it from the SD card.
You would need a file manager for this. Astro File Manager is a good app.

The way that I have always done it is:

1.) Hook the DROID up to the computer with the USB cable.

2.) Open the top task bar on the DROID and select the USB option, select "mount."

3.) Select the option to view the files on the SD card on the pop up window.

4.) Open the Wallpaper folder that I created on the SD card.

5.) Highlight the picture that was saved on my computer (wherever you saved it, I put mine in a DROID folder), and drag it into my wallaper folder on the SD card.

6.) Close and disconnect the DROID properly.

7.) Open the gallery folder. Goto the folder "wallpaper" and select that picture... Voila

Hopefully I helped and didn't confuse.

msblueline

omarhobeika

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. I already installed Beautiful Widgets. How do I get the bw background?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
how do you download the naked skin for weather?

Tap on the weather to bring up settings (now from the menu). At the bottom is skins. Pressing that brings up several. Press one to download to the SD card. Then press "Installed Skins" and press the one you want.

msblueline

Reaction score
OK, I guess I too was lost at this stage. I thought that when I downloaded a clock skin, it came with that particular skin/background image it is displayed with.

I assume that the only thing that is being loaded is the way the clock looks, not the skin that is also displayed with it.

I also assume that I (as you stated above) have to download the backgrounds. Because, everytime I download a new clock skin, it appears with only the clock and my original background image.

Thanks,

msblueline

Excuse my ignorance. I already installed Beautiful Widgets. How do I get the bw background?

If you read what I posted on page three (3) I added it to this thread.

That is one of the topics that was talked about.

The clocks do NOT come with the background wallpapers. You have to download those yourself.

msblueline

meaker

Reaction score
If you are on your computer, you can just email to your phone. Thats what I did. Found a wal paper I like send it to my gmail acount. Then saved the pic from the email to my phone then set wallpaper..

Reaction score
ok this is like the easiest thing to do on an android phone...

1) download wallpaper that's right size for phone
2) plug usb part of charger into computer and hook up phone
3) open the notification bar and tap the USB connected, click mount
4) it should pop up on your computer, open folder to view files
5) make folder in sdcard called wallpapers
6) copy downloaded wallpaper from computer to wallpaper folder
7) click the same thing in the notification bar, click turn off
8) pick wallpaper from gallery

or you can just download it on your phone to begin with, open it and hit set as wallpaper..

you dont need to email anything...

schertz7

Reaction score
ok heres the thing, I get all the skins that come with beautiful widgets, but.... I have a downloaded zip of a skin that I like and want to know how to install that widget skin to my BW from my sdcard

EDIT:Figured it out
1-download zip with your phone to the /sdcard/download
2-open zip using Astro
3-copy copy all files in that folder
4-move to /sdcard/data/beautifulwidgets/skins and create a new folder with the name of your skin
5-paste files in said folder
6-copy a .nomedia file from your other skins to that folder
7-apply skin using BW
8-ENJOY!

Last edited:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok heres the thing, I get all the skins that come with beautiful widgets, but.... I have a downloaded zip of a skin that I like and want to know how to install that widget skin to my BW from my sdcard

unzip the skin you should have a folder inside it all the "goods" required for the skin to work.

so plug in your DROID>Mount your DROID>navagate to Data>beautiful widgets>skins paste your folder there.

unmount and click weather icon > menu>configure>scroll down to "skins>installed skins select the skin you want. hit the back button and save.

-=Jason=-