OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

animal67

Reaction score
Ok...soft bricked my phone tonight using this and while I waiting to download Matts tool, I tried updating again...this time I wiped cache like 5 times and then data factory reset then cache again. Loaded the ICS update and now I have ice cream dripping down my hands. Oh ya...Im on Fox Fi right now and it works great.

animal67

Reaction score
Try what I mentioned above. Think you have to do the factory reset and clear data for it to work.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
animal67 said:
Ok...soft bricked my phone tonight using this and while I waiting to download Matts tool, I tried updating again...this time I wiped cache like 5 times and then data factory reset then cache again. Loaded the ICS update and now I have ice cream dripping down my hands. Oh ya...Im on Fox Fi right now and it works great.

Tastes good dont it

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
(edited to remove unauthorized external link)

Follow these directions and ics will be a breeze! If your already bricked then use matts utilities option one and then update from sd card.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saraph

Reaction score
You know I went to try this before doing mine the long way...I could never get the ROM Manager to actually boot into recovery mode. How does it work on the RAZR? It would never load the update...only booted directly to GB.

Same for me. I disabled safestrap and I'm rooted... if anyone figures this way out please reply. ^_^

eaglescout1998

Reaction score
Try what I mentioned above. Think you have to do the factory reset and clear data for it to work.

That might be the key. First and second time I tried it, I got the errors.

After using Matt's utility (which I might not have even needed to), I was able to get my phone to boot to GB.

I thought I would give it one more go and did a factory reset, then tried running the update . . . and it worked.

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
*(edit to remove external link)

Follow these directions and ics will be a breeze! If your already bricked then use matts utilities option one and then update from sd card.

Thanks my problem was I didn't have the utility all the way downloaded! You helped me out big time

Last edited by a moderator:

ballzdeap

Reaction score
Hey I don't know about the rest of you guys, but whenever I watch an embedded video, and then go to full screen, the video locks up and won't play anymore and the browser also locks up and won't follow any links or allow new addresses to be typed in. Is this happening to anyone else that got this to work?

RazrSlim

Reaction score
Does anyone else have b the option to use the developer menu? Its that just something we get with this download our all ics updates have it?

Cozmyk94

Reaction score
Total Newbie at this...

Ok so I really just wanted to wait for the OTA to come out but couldn't wait any longer and with some patience I was able to finally get ICS on my Maxx. The only issue I'm experiencing now is that I have no data at all. I even switch it back to LTE/CDMA because it was on Global and rebooted. It's pretty sad that I can't figure it out since I'm a VZ employee but I just don't know if I missed a step in the process. I tried looking everywhere to see if someone was having this issue but had no luck. Any suggestions?

shochman

Reaction score
Cozmyk94 said:
Ok so I really just wanted to wait for the OTA to come out but couldn't wait any longer and with some patience I was able to finally get ICS on my Maxx. The only issue I'm experiencing now is that I have no data at all. I even switch it back to LTE/CDMA because it was on Global and rebooted. It's pretty sad that I can't figure it out since I'm a VZ employee but I just don't know if I missed a step in the process. I tried looking everywhere to see if someone was having this issue but had no luck. Any suggestions?

Go to settings/data manager and turn data on. This works on gingerbread.

Cozmyk94

Reaction score
Go to settings/data manager and turn data on. This works on gingerbread.

My data is turned on and I'm running ICS. It's just showing 3G in white or sometimes dark gray. Anytime I disconnect from my WiFi it just has no connection.

EDIT: After messing around some more with the phone I was able to get the 3G back in blue and all data services are working. Love my ICS! Thanks!!

Last edited:

Droid101

Reaction score
I used the instructions somewhere in this thread that had you use the utility and I will say it went Very smooth with NO issues what so ever. Id say if you really want Ice cream sandwich that using the utility, option 1 then deleting data and wiping catch then flashing the zip is the best way to do it. :biggrin: