OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

Papa_T

Reaction score
Has the ability to kill apps after the screen has been closed for two minutes been removed or just moved? It was located under app manager, i think. I can't seem to find it.

kmss1

Reaction score
OKAY, BOO-YAH! First try, followed the instructions to a 't', and it took 13 minutes from start to finish to complete successfully! SCHWEET!!! :hail:

For those still having issues I would suggest PRINTING out the instructions to make them easier to follow... It worked for me!

Last edited:

Brian123x

Reaction score
error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip status 0

Please help.. did everything correctly. just need some 1 to pm me about this.

kmss1

Reaction score
error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip status 0

Please help.. did everything correctly. just need some 1 to pm me about this.

Brian, my suggestion is to start from scratch and try again. This seems to be what most people are having to do...

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
For everyone wanting to install ics and are afraid of bricking there phone here is a surefire way of not bricking it. (Edit to remove unauthorized external link).

Last edited by a moderator:

kmss1

Reaction score
Nicely done EddieKeyton!

@ Computerfixer, and all those who have been so instrumental in getting this whole thing to the point it is at; My hat is off to all of you, and my thanks are with you! You did a great job!! :hail:

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
kmss1 said:
Nicely done EddieKeyton!

@ Computerfixer, and all those who have been so instrumental in getting this whole thing to the point it is at; My hat is off to all of you, and my thanks are with you! You did a great job!! :hail:

Thank you. Just want to make sure everyone gets this done without problems.

computerfixer412

Reaction score
Factory Reset Instructions

If you all don't mind factory resetting your phone, visit my new thread here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ide-droid-razr-razr-maxx-adapted-rda990s.html

This has worked for me and several others! Thanks!

One tip: If you do not wish to factory reset, try deleting the cache twice, rebooting directly into recovery mode again and wiping the cache a third time.

Let me know if that does it for anyone...Enjoy ICS! dancedroid

icesared79

Reaction score
Not sure what happened here but did not work at all for me. Followed the instructions perfectly, brand new stock droid maxx, now im bricked. All I have is the dual core technology logo up, any advice would be highly appreciated.

computerfixer412

Reaction score
Not sure what happened here but did not work at all for me. Followed the instructions perfectly, brand new stock droid maxx, now im bricked. All I have is the dual core technology logo up, any advice would be highly appreciated.

Did you try using Matt's Utility to undo brick? Instructions are on page one.

bigaaron84

Reaction score
I said screw it and went to Verizon and they sent me a new razr. Im now running ics and it sure is tasty

bigaaron84

Reaction score
The best way to do do this update is to root and install the update using es file explorer and rom manager. It worked flawlessly first try.

computerfixer412

Reaction score
The best way to do do this update is to root and install the update using es file explorer and rom manager. It worked flawlessly first try.

You know I went to try this before doing mine the long way...I could never get the ROM Manager to actually boot into recovery mode. How does it work on the RAZR? It would never load the update...only booted directly to GB.

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
Used the 1.7 Utility, wiped data on phone that was stock already, cleared cache twice, update from sd card, select blur. Error 7 each time. :/ Also just tried to go back to gingerbread using the utility but it won't get past dualcore screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!