Soak Test for Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX is in Tester's Hands; Files Available Now

spencer98

Reaction score
Did it give you an alert or did you do the System Updates section?

It basically asked me if I wanted to wait odownload now. I clicked download now. Nothing looks different though. Also, I do not see Circles widget or have the option for NFC and tracking beam. I thought all of the Jelly Bean updates included this?

T-Rob

Reaction score
My install aborted...came up with:

E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip

Any ideas?

Redsnk95

Reaction score
It basically asked me if I wanted to wait odownload now. I clicked download now. Nothing looks different though. Also, I do not see Circles widget or have the option for NFC and tracking beam. I thought all of the Jelly Bean updates included this?

The Razr doesn't have NFC built in.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the latest version has the JB icons for People, Phone and Text apps? My christmas build has the ICS icons.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can anyone confirm if the latest version has the JB icons for People, Phone and Text apps? My christmas build has the ICS icons.

I can confirm the people APP is changed, not sure about Text or Phone because I have a Nexus 7 and it does not have phone or text.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I can confirm the people APP is changed, not sure about Text or Phone because I have a Nexus 7 and it does not have phone or text.

What about on your Razr Maxx? On my Xoom tab the People APP changed, but not on my phone. Not a deal breaker by any means just was curious.

FYI just read a tweet from MOtorola Mobility about an hour ago stating the OTA is going out in phases. I haven't checked their Google+ page yet.

Update: Their Google+ page states it as well.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What about on your Razr Maxx? On my Xoom tab the People APP changed, but not on my phone. Not a deal breaker by any means just was curious.

FYI just read a tweet from MOtorola Mobility about an hour ago stating the OTA is going out in phases. I haven't checked their Google+ page yet.

Sorry my message was confusing. I meant the People APP on my Razr Maxx did change to the JB one. I am not sure about the Phone and Text because I don't know what they look like over ICS.

I have a Nexus 7 with JB but can't compare since it does not have texting or phone features, that is what I meant.

Looking at the stock launcher again, looks like the icon for People didn't change. It was changed for me but only because I was using Nova Launcher with a different theme. The phone, text, and people icon look like the same old ICS ones from what I can tell.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Sorry my message was confusing. I meant the People APP on my Razr Maxx did change to the JB one. I am not sure about the Phone and Text because I don't know what they look like over ICS.

I have a Nexus 7 with JB but can't compare since it does not have texting or phone features, that is what I meant.

Looking at the stock launcher again, looks like the icon for People didn't change. It was changed for me but only because I was using Nova Launcher with a different theme. The phone, text, and people icon look like the same old ICS ones from what I can tell.

Thanks for clarifying Sid.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thanks for clarifying Sid.

FYI updated my original post.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So is this file for those who got the Christmas update or those of us who did not?
Thanks.

probably for both.

Gads I feel like a noob. Is there a way to install from the ZIP without rooting?

I am on the Jelly Bean leak and have Safestrip 3.11 installed. Anyone know how to install? I tried to temp unroot with Voodoo and install in SafeStrip. However I got an error and it did not apply. Any thoughts? I am probably just going about this in the wrong order or configuration.

My install aborted...came up with:

E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip

Any ideas?

Folks, this update which was posted in the OP is the version that works ONLY with those who have updated to the Christmas Eve Jelly Bean LEAK, whether it was pushed to you or you "secured" it via some other method. Re-read the OP as it was updated to reflect that information. If you are still on Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), and you tried and it failed, it should be a non-issue for you. The version that works with ICS will be forthcoming. :biggrin:

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Dang I didn't even read it correctly. Guess I will use this file to update on top of the Christmas build. Thanks Fox.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Or just wait till the OTA drops...should be in the next couple weeks, if not sooner! :biggrin: