[UPDATE] Jelly Bean Coming Next Week to Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-support-doc-razr-hd-jelly-bean-update.png

Just a couple of days ago we shared that Verizon was having a soak test for their Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD superphones. There obviously was no official word on whether it was Jelly Bean or just an incremental update. Luckily today we have some news suggesting it is likely to be Jelly Bean and that it might be coming very soon. A Verizon support doc showed up detailing a new Jelly Bean update for the Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD. Here's what the doc said,

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software upgrade, 9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US, for your Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr Maxx HD by Motorola. This update includes an upgrade to the Android Operating System 4.1 (Jelly Bean).

Now, of course, this could just be a support doc that has been premade for a future update; however, with the news of the soak test just a couple of days ago, it seems likely that this will become a reality very soon. Share your enthusiasm in the thread! dancedroid

UPDATE: According to Verizon the update will begin rolling out next week to RAZR HD/Maxx HD users.

Source: Verizon Support Doc

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
re: [UPDATE] Verizon Support Doc for Jelly Bean on the Motorola Droid RAZR HD Shows Up

:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354294437890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354294437890.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 803

hotice

Reaction score
Is it safe to apply the update with apps disabled like Verizon Video, Color, and VZ Navigator or should I enable them and reboot before I do the upgrade?

hotice

Reaction score
Does it add/remove any bloat?
Yes and yes. From the Verizon PDF:
+ Video calling portal and Accessories Application has been preloaded.
+ Verizon Video has been removed.
+ Color Application has been removed.
+ Fully integrated Amazon app suite has been preloaded (includes Kindle, Amazon MP3,
IMDb, Audible, and Zappos).

hotice

Reaction score
Can they be disabled?
It's probably the same as on 4.0.4. You can disable some but others you can't. I think I have 6 or 8 disabled now but the Verizon Apps store for instance, can't be disabled.

JDH

Reaction score
Seems we of the Razr Maxx, the phone that saved the day for MOMO, gets to be the ugly sister again. why can't they support those of us that first supported them??

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Seems we of the Razr Maxx, the phone that saved the day for MOMO, gets to be the ugly sister again. why can't they support those of us that first supported them??

JB is slated for the RAZR..... eventually. :/

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least the OG RAZRs are slated next though, no other phone on VZW in between that I know of, Bionic will surely be after the OG RAZRs.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
hisself said:
So, once again, the Bionic is ignored!

The Bionic is not ignored its just farther down the list. We'll get our jelly beans eventually.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
hotice said:
Is it safe to apply the update with apps disabled like Verizon Video, Color, and VZ Navigator or should I enable them and reboot before I do the upgrade?

When I went from ICS to JB on my Razr M, I did not enable my disabled apps before the update. I had no problems. I did have to go back and disable them again and I noticed that some I had disabled in ICS could no longer be disabled in JB (stock text is one example).

dfcfu342

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
When I went from ICS to JB on my Razr M, I did not enable my disabled apps before the update. I had no problems. I did have to go back and disable them again and I noticed that some I had disabled in ICS could no longer be disabled in JB (stock text is one example).

As long as you disabled the apps through the stock app manager you can leave then disabled. If you froze them with a third party app you'll have to defrost them before an update.