4.1 Jelly Bean Rolling out to Select Motorola Droid RAZR HD/Maxx HD Users Today

4shlr

Reaction score
Question, not a complete noob on this (came from rooted Tbolt), but if I apply this JB update manually will I still be able to get OTA in the future? I'm running stock ICS with the latest update (7.2) from VZW. I know there is no way to root JB yet but I'm pretty happy with stock right now & I figure by the time I'm ready to want to root there'll be a way to do it. The only thing I would want to root right now for is to change the font, it does drive me crazy but not sure its worth rooting yet. Any insight would be great, thanks

Sdf236389

Reaction score
does anyone kno where to get the jb leak, and will it work on the motorola atrix hd?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope root and a utility aren't far behind.

If you root ICS before the update, you can use the OTA Root Keeper app to back up root, temp unroot, take the OTA, then use the app to restore root which will re-root you on the new OTA. Worked great on my HD with the Jelly Bean Soak Test build.

And we probably won't see a utility until Moto releases the fastboot file for the Jelly Bean build.

jmcgregor86

Reaction score
In case you are still waiting. Verizon is pushing the update out in phases, as I'm sure you've heard, starting yesterday(the 3rd) and will push the udate to 10% of users per day and the update will be available for public download the 17th .

4shlr

Reaction score
jmcgregor86 said:
In case you are still waiting. Verizon is pushing the update out in phases, as I'm sure you've heard, starting yesterday(the 3rd) and will push the udate to 10% of users per day and the update will be available for public download the 17th .

Yeah I went ahead & installed it manually. I'm liking it except for the color of the battery icon is off a little bit. And I don't like how the dedicated buttons on bottom light up Grey. They were blue in ICS & miss the blue

hotice

Reaction score
The 17th?!?!? That's ridiculas! I may have to download and install it manually. I can't believe it's taking this long. With my Droid X I don't think I ever waited more than a day or two. Why on earth are they only releasing to 10% a day? Did they really sell that many of these? Ugggg...at least it's on the way.

Btw...I tried "forcing" the update by deleting the Google Services Framework data and stopping the service like 20 times. I tried a reboot or two in there as well. It didn't make any difference:(

hotice

Reaction score
Yeah I went ahead & installed it manually. I'm liking it except for the color of the battery icon is off a little bit. And I don't like how the dedicated buttons on bottom light up Grey. They were blue in ICS & miss the blue
Blue? The on-screen back, home, and task switch buttons are white on mine...actually they may be slightly off-white so it could be the same for me. I'm not sure how yours where blue.
I'm interested to see how the battery icon color changed.

Does anyone have any other feedback on JB for the Razr/Maxx HD? Can you change the lock screen apps - or at least replace the texting app with something useful (for me that would be non-texting related).

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any other feedback on JB for the Razr/Maxx HD? Can you change the lock screen apps - or at least replace the texting app with something useful (for me that would be non-texting related).

Nope, still can't replace lockscreen apps, and more than likely never be able to. Can always try Widget Locker or search for other lockscreen replacement apps.

4shlr

Reaction score
Sorry, I see the confusion I caused. What I meant was when those 3 buttons were pressed they lit up blue, they weren't blue all the time they were the off white. But when they were pressed a blue circle engulfed them. Now when they're pressed its a lighter grey.

Speaking of the battery icon, anyone know of a mod to change it to percentage??

I would agree with the other posters that JB is much smoother, going from app to app is very smooth with no lag. The only thing I've noticed on mine is when I go back to Home screen the circles widget takes a second to show up properly. Not a big deal but didn't notice it as much on ICS. Anyone else with similar results?

Blue? The on-screen back, home, and task switch buttons are white on mine...actually they may be slightly off-white so it could be the same for me. I'm not sure how yours where blue.
I'm interested to see how the battery icon color changed.