Reports Filtering In: Jelly Bean Update for Droid RAZR HD & RAZR MAXX HD Wide Rollout

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 6, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Verizon told us last week that the Jelly Bean rollout for the Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD would start this week, and it looks like they were true to their word. We have had reports filtering in today from multiple users that the wider push is happening. Earlier in the week we had the soak test, which shared the Jelly Bean goodness with quite a few folks, but not it looks like the full wide push is happening. We also have word that the full OTA update is happening this evening, although it might have started early.

Sound off in the thread if you are one of the lucky ones who have received the update already, and tell us what you think of it!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  2. 713King

713King New Member

I got my notification in the AM but I pressed remind later because I want to see if it is rootable just in case I get tired of stock.
  3. macpro88

macpro88 DF Super Moderator

You can root the ICS build you're on now, use VooDoo Root Keeper from the Market to back up root, temp unroot, take the OTA then use the app to restore root and you are now on Rooted Jelly Bean!
  4. gothere

gothere New Member

Got mine this morning.
  5. noobsterootster

noobsterootster New Member

Any news on when we will get it for sure for DROID razr?

Sent from my DROID razr, using SwiftKey 3!
  6. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Re: Reports Filtering In: Jelly Bean Update for Droid RAZR HD & RAZR MAXX HD

Everything keeps pointing to somewhere in the middle of 2013.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  7. bullswife98

bullswife98 New Member

My boss just got her Razr HD 2days ago and she just got the Jellybean update at 4:10pm (just a little while ago) and she said its awesome! Hope the og. Razr gets it sooner than middle of 2013. Would be a great Christmas gift.

TAG YOUR IT! DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. :)
  8. solar

solar Member

Got mine last evening pacific time, about 11pm or so. I love jelly bean so far. It like the android team hs done a really good job of trying to make the UI more consistent as well as more efficient (and pretty!) I like the visual changes. very impressed so far. Android has come a long way and continues to get better! Now I just need to re-root!
  9. flyerchas

flyerchas New Member

JB update

Woke up yesterday morning, hit update in settings, and lo and behold, there it was! Twenty minutes (and a shave) later, I was the proud owner of JB 4.1.1. Been playing with Google Now (not quite Siri), and it seems smoother when changing screens. Still learning. Next: 4.2?
  10. Droidboy101

Droidboy101 New Member

Love the new JB update on my Rzar HD Maxx the Google Exprence is amazing!! Only prop im having is when i turn off my phone at night I have to change my wallpaper back every time prop just a glitch but othere than that its running smooth!!
  11. hotice

hotice New Member

Turn your phone off? Why do you turn it off (assuming you mean shutdown) over night?

I haven't had any problem with the wallpaper changing on me though.
  12. hotice

hotice New Member

Is anyone having problems using the Amazon AppStore since the update to Jelly Bean? I need to re-install the appstore or clear the data every time I open it and it will only work that one time. Next time it will crash when I try to open it and I need to clear data or re-install again. You can task switch to it with no problem.
  13. xtor

xtor Well-Known Member

First quarter of 2013

reach out and touch someone, 1000meter club
  14. hatchin

hatchin New Member

I am having the same issue. I tried to redownload the appstore from Amazon.com and got the same result.
  15. hotice

hotice New Member

Hmmm, that seemed to fix it for me. Well, you can also go into the app info, stop the process if it's running and clear the data. That works for me too.

I worked with Amazon Support on the phone this morning. They passed the issue on to their dev team, or that's what it sounded like. I should hear something back in the next few days. I'll post something if I hear back from Amazon.
  16. Mfinchv1

Mfinchv1 New Member

I did have the galaxy 3...switched to the razr hd. One thing...(only thing) I liked bout the gs3..task manager has a one button push that kills all activitys. Anybody familiar with this feature? Wondering if I can get it on razr hd. Instead of sliding all background apps to the left to kill them..lol
  17. bohemouth

bohemouth New Member

Yay! I got my yesterday morning! It's pretty smooth, though there a few things that jutter just a bit that didn't before on ICS, if it continues after three days i may FRS, but most of the time it is like butter. I just have a few things i noticed, not trying to be nit picky, but I noticed my battery drained just a little bit faster, the stock clock widgit takes a sec or two to calibrate when I come back to the home screen. I love the new calendar! I like the choice of not having to have the apps I don't care for update, maybe you could do that before, but i like how it says, "This is an old system would you like to turn it off?" I don't remember seeing that before. I like the speak to search option. I found that if i asked it 2 or three questions, it wouldn't answer me, it would just show me options, evertime I ask for the weather outside my house, it speaks to me, that's about the only thing I says. I may just not know what i'm doing.

I said "Try it later" with Google plus and the cards, because i'm super busy now and I don't have a lot of time to sit and fiddle right now, i hope it comes back on to remind me i want to try. I like in Jellybean that i can text surf the web and listen to audible.com all at the same time, before it would interrupt the book, whenever I texted.

Still new at all this, but it is quite amazing, i'm having a blast learning a new phone, I Absolutely LOVE the razr Maxx HD. I love the new IMDB app! There are a few cosmetic things i liked better on ICS, the blue glowing light around certain buttons, but i will trade that off for a smoother OS. It's really fun, and addicting, this jellybean makes my Maxx HD able to do anything! It truly is a great Droid, my favorite!

One question, i want to try google plus, all the cards and everything in a few days when i have some time, and I'm hoping it will pop again so i can try it, but if It doesn't how do i get to it again? play store?

Thanks, Yes All in all I give jellybean a thumbs up, hoping it just gets a bit smoother, switching from page to page, with time.
Search tags for this page

droid razr cranberry update

how to disable filter on a droid max
info hoticeinc.co.uk