OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

SpencerSharkey

Reaction score

MysticMang

Reaction score
IT WORKED. Use that long process given by jacrx17. Worked like a charm. FOLLOW IT STEP BY STEP.

Rashiv

Reaction score
How long did this process take for you. I am on Patching Boot Image.... One step before it is done. But its been close 30 to 45 mins since the process started.

majp89

Reaction score
I have it running successfully, it sat at that last step for an hour and a half. I got impatient, and after reading 39 pages, I got to poster's reply on page 39:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...stallation-guide-droid-razr-razr-maxx-39.html

If you're too lazy to click, it was frozen, so I hit VOL UP, VOL DOWN, and POWER at the same time, when it restarted I released only power. Got to the same screen where you have to choose RECOVERY. Once I got in there, cleared cache 2 times again, then re-ran the loader. Worked in literally 5 minutes. I would imagine that this option would not work with those of you getting error 0's and 7's, etc. I did not get that, it just froze during the install. I started with 90% battery life, when finished I had 70%, but that was because it sat at frozen install for over an hour and a half. I would maybe put on OP that doing this from a completely reformatted SD card might make those Error 0's and 7's go away. I just bought my SD card last Friday and only had 2 photos.

Anyways, as far as the actual software goes it seems to be working with no bugs/issues. Screenshot app worked fine for me, camera opened and functioned as normal, no slowness, battery seems around the same as it was before, but I didn't expect much of an increase if any at all. Hasn't froze on me once, I'm navigating around flawlessly and it is switching between apps as crisp as ever. Couldn't be much happier. It was definitely a risk that I, an unhappy owner of the Razr for almost 6 months, was willing to take. Gingerbread worked fine, but I obviously bought the phone because I was sold on 4.0. All the rumors and everything angered me up until now.

And I tweeted a Verizon CS earlier, he said "no way to download it." HA.

Thanks, OP. Thanks, guy on page 39.

Reaction score
Just a question for anyone who wants to help :)

Ended up with the soft brick, (motorola dual core technology screen forever) and I'm sure I'm more than capable of figuring out where I screwed up and also redoing the update and everything like that. My question is... Will the phone accept a charge in its "soft brick" state? I don't want the battery to sink below the level that allows programing. I can get to the bootloaders and recovery and everything, but I attempted the update on my way to work for the first time. Talk about a moment of truth. (stupid I know.) Anyway, the "soft brick" is sitting in my glove box as I am not aloud it at work, and to the best of my knowledge it is still sitting at the motorola dual core technology screen. What if it dies? Will it accept a charge without having to do anything special? Sorry if my post seems noobish... This is indeed my first post and also my first time flashing phone software like this since I had a MOTO Krzr three years ago. Thanks in advance for your support. And also I apologize if this is a duplicate post. Browsed 20 or so pages and could not find an answer so I figured I would ask. You all seem very friendly.

Last edited:

SpencerSharkey

Reaction score
Installing with Droid RAZR Utility 1.70
Installing the update from sd card now. Woo!
I'll definitely post my turnout.

Reaction score
i have a couple questions...

whenever I'm in a text entry field on the phone (texting, google, etc) i get a notification in the pull-down asking me to select an input mode, even though Swype is already selected

the second thing is when i go to "about phone" my kernel version says "SMP PREEMPT" what does this mean?

KaZo86

Reaction score
Okay status update. I've been charging my phone battery directly via a hacked up USB cable. I've been trying all kinds of steps in here and I've made a bit of headway (I think). I've gotten the new recovery image (Android man with blue swirlies in his belly). I just now tried to flash ICS to the phone through the recovery menu, and it said it installed successfully from the SD Card. But it still doesnt boot normally and the fastboot screen now reads

0A,74
eMMC Info: Size 16GB

This is new. any info?

mochanic92

Reaction score
I have tried this time and time again but for some reason it can not or will not verify the signature on the file when im in recovery mode. It just says that it cannot find the signature for the update. Can anybody help me please. Also at the time I don't have access to a computer.