Soak Test for Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX is in Tester's Hands; Files Available Now

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
This article over on Rootz states that several of the MotoBlur elements have been removed from the Jelly Bean update. The version that they mention differs from the one listed in the OP though (98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US vs. 98.72.8.XT912.Verizon.en.US). This page over at Motorola seems to confirm.

Edit: After checking Droid Life, it looks like the former is for Ice Cream Sandwich and the latter is for those who are on the Christmas JB leak.

Last edited:

bmchan

Reaction score
My JB soak arrived and is installed. I have not rooted and did not get the Christmas Eve upgrade. My download kept getting hung up (Download Temporarily halted. Will resume shortly...). I waited 5 hours and then went to the link provided in the email for problem download issues and they restarted the dl. I had a 4g signal all day too. Anyway - all is well and the Moto bloat is gone as this phone is now very fast.

iveman89

Reaction score
My JB soak arrived and is installed. I have not rooted and did not get the Christmas Eve upgrade. My download kept getting hung up (Download Temporarily halted. Will resume shortly...). I waited 5 hours and then went to the link provided in the email for problem download issues and they restarted the dl. I had a 4g signal all day too. Anyway - all is well and the Moto bloat is gone as this phone is now very fast.

does foxfi work? mirror mode hdmi TV?

T-Rob

Reaction score
does foxfi work? mirror mode hdmi TV?

FoxFi no longer works. I had to root my phone and change some settings with SQLite Editor. It works now, but then again...so does my Mobile Hotspot now. Don't really need FoxFi.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I am trying to do the upgrade manually for my mother's Razr Maxx, ICS upgrade link is no good, 403 error, do we have another link for us to open the .zip file to download it?

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I was able to install the 40MB update for the Xmas leak.

Not so much of a worry anymore since there's now a root method for JB, but if anyone wants to know, I was able to backup and restore my root with Voodoo, after the upgrade.

Hotspot hack still works too. Didn't have to re-apply it.

I'm HOPING the bug where my phone keeps forgetting my "Always" file associations might go away. A little time will tell.