OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

kmss1

Reaction score
In several past posts people have been mentioning the same issue with the Home and Search buttons and I haven't seen any particular solution mentioned yet... It could be that it just takes time for it to get all the applications in proper order and functioning, but that seems unlikely...

Last edited:

EagleOne

Reaction score
In several past posts people have been mentioning the same issue with the Home and Search buttons and I haven't seen any particular solution mentioned yet... It could be that it just takes time for it to get all the applications in proper order and functioning, but that seems unlikely...

Ok so after reading like 20 pages I found one guy who described the same issues as me, and he mentioned that the google experience crashed on the first startup, I remember this happening to me as well, but I didn't think of it at the time. He said a factory reset from settings fixed the problem.

I'm doing exactly that and I'll report back.

EagleOne

Reaction score
Stuck at patching boot image...Getting a little tense LOL.

Whatever you do don't panic, there's a good chance it won't work for you on the first try, just relax and follow the instructions from this thread.

skawx

Reaction score
Patching boot Img

How long should Paching boot image take, it's been there for 10 min at 93%... What should I dO ay this point

Last edited:

EagleOne

Reaction score
Ok doing a factory reset from settings worked.

I don't know if they might want to add this to the original post but if anyone's home or search buttons don't work, you can do a factory reset from settings and it will clear the problem up.

skawx

Reaction score
Held side keys and started prosses over again... Worked fine and there was no actual % I was just giving a ruff discription

majp89

Reaction score
It's been almost 40 min...still at patching boot image. How do I know if it failed? No error codes, just been sitting at Patching boot image...It's like at the end. This is torture for me.

Last edited:

SpencerSharkey

Reaction score
It may be frozen... :/

On my end, from the restore menu I wiped data, wiped cache 2 times, and am now installing the update again. Wish me luck!

kmss1

Reaction score
Ok doing a factory reset from settings worked.

I don't know if they might want to add this to the original post but if anyone's home or search buttons don't work, you can do a factory reset from settings and it will clear the problem up.

Did you end up using the "Razr Utility v1.7" or did you just do it from recovery, after the factory reset??

EagleOne

Reaction score
Did you end up using the "Razr Utility v1.7" or did you just do it from recovery, after the factory reset??

Neither, all I needed to do was go into "Settings --> Privacy --> Factory Reset" meaning a regular factory reset, not withen the recovery mode.

thanks,

majp89

Reaction score
It's not frozen, I can still hit the volume buttons and toggle on and off the log. I just want to know from someone who had a successful boot to tell me how long they sat there.

Nebraska_Droid

Reaction score
I had a stock Razr Maxx on 2.3.6 with no root or anything of that nature. I went with the procedure on the first page of this thread and my phone was bricked. Used Matt's 1.7 utility and it reset my phone to basically a factory reset state. Tried the ICS update again on the first page and it worked flawlessly. Now running 4.0.4 on by Razr Maxx.