OFFICAL OTA .zip Installation Guide Droid Razr & Razr Maxx

madfrenchie

Reaction score
Running into problems

Hey guys, I followed the directions on my droid Razr to upgrade to ICS. 1/2 way through the process the installation failed and gave me the same error a lot of you guys are getting.

So what i decided to do is download the DroidRazrUtility1.7forICS and run it as per the directions on this site. I'm at the step where it says its flashing the system.img file its been there for 2 1/2 hours and hasn't moved, The program doesn't look like its locked up or anything, it seems to still be working.

How long is this supposed to really take? and is there any other way to try and get this working... right now when i try to turn on my phone i get

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (boot failure)
0A.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV (CC: System): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG Version (CC: System)
Invalid CG OTV (CC: System)

So what i had to do was build a factory cable (which allowed me to get the Battery OK) and attempt to use the Droid Razr Utility.

Can anyone help me out here..

Thank YOu!

tiramir

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am getting both the error 7 and error 0 codes. Unfortunately I do not have a windows computer. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to return my phone to stock with a mac computer, or if there is a way to do it without the windows computer. Maybe just by putting a file on the sd card and running things through the bootloader menu. Any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to join you guys on ICS

skawx

Reaction score
Hey I don't know about the rest of you guys, but whenever I watch an embedded video, and then go to full screen, the video locks up and won't play anymore and the browser also locks up and won't follow any links or allow new addresses to be typed in. Is this happening to anyone else that got this to work?

Im having the same issue, after a hard reset there is no diffrence, so in my belief Adobe will need to release an update for 4.0
PS another browser did not work

EagleOne

Reaction score
Hey guys, I followed the directions on my droid Razr to upgrade to ICS. 1/2 way through the process the installation failed and gave me the same error a lot of you guys are getting.

So what i decided to do is download the DroidRazrUtility1.7forICS and run it as per the directions on this site. I'm at the step where it says its flashing the system.img file its been there for 2 1/2 hours and hasn't moved, The program doesn't look like its locked up or anything, it seems to still be working.

How long is this supposed to really take? and is there any other way to try and get this working... right now when i try to turn on my phone i get

0A.6C

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

So what i had to do was build a factory cable (which allowed me to get the Battery OK) and attempt to use the Droid Razr Utility.

Thank YOu!

The utility should only take about 7 minutes tops. Did you have the phone plugged into the usb port of your computer while running the utility? Also it tells you to not hit any key tell the screen comes back up on 3 occasions, did you do that?

madfrenchie

Reaction score
The utility should only take about 7 minutes tops. Did you have the phone plugged into the usb port of your computer while running the utility? Also it tells you to not hit any key tell the screen comes back up on 3 occasions, did you do that?

Yes I did all that, It goes through the first few steps without any problems, but its when it gets to copying the system over that it just hangs there for hours. I actually left it overnight and it was still there in the morning when i woke up.

I am now trying RSD Light which has been running for 3 hours, and its at the step 15/23 flash system "system.img" and has been there for a few hours. the Progress bar is still moving though.

EagleOne

Reaction score
Yes I did all that, It goes through the first few steps without any problems, but its when it gets to copying the system over that it just hangs there for hours. I actually left it overnight and it was still there in the morning when i woke up.

I am now trying RSD Light which has been running for 3 hours, and its at the step 15/23 flash system "system.img" and has been there for a few hours. the Progress bar is still moving though.

Did you purchase your phone in the states?

EagleOne

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am getting both the error 7 and error 0 codes. Unfortunately I do not have a windows computer. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to return my phone to stock with a mac computer, or if there is a way to do it without the windows computer. Maybe just by putting a file on the sd card and running things through the bootloader menu. Any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to join you guys on ICS

It needs to be run on a windows computer. Do you have bootcamp?

tiramir

Reaction score
I don't have bootcamp and would really rather not install it on my mac. I can get a hold of a pc, just wanted to know if it would be possible to do it without. Thanks though

R3DBAND

Reaction score
Warning for folks trying to install ICS using directions from this thread, if you mess up with less than 50% battery you will have some problems. I just got my replacement for the phone that soft bricked with less than 50% battery, there is a way to fix it from there but I didnt want to deal with it, if you want to, use this thread: [Fastboot Files] Gingerbread 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 CDMA Droid Razr XT912 Verizon USA - xda-developers, you basically have to flash the stock os onto your droid razr. Again this is just a warning have your phone charged before attempting to install ICS this way.

R3DBAND

Reaction score

0A.6C

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Thank YOu!
Did you unroot your razr before using this method? if so theres your problem.

EagleOne

Reaction score
The instructions clearly said "Make sure your phone is 100% charged before you do this!"

majp89

Reaction score
Got through my second Razr (I'm doing the update for someone else) and it installed everything, I rebooted the phone, stuck at red M -_- Dunno why it can't be as easy as my Razr was lol.

philipscoggins

Reaction score
Giving it a shot

Ok, I've been reading this thread today & now I'm giving it a shot.

Stock Razr, I used the Utility file first, wiped cache 4x, and installing ICS now...

-- Edit ---
Patching boot image...
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

Last edited: