New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshotter

Reaction score
Just called and spoke to a lovely woman. She switched my one line account over with no problem at all. Inquired about contract extension and she said due to me already being in a two year contract it would not be affected. Previously paying 89.99 - 20% and now paying 69.99 - 20%, looks like this may be the start of a good week.

noother84

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Verizon. Said I got the email promo yesterday and I was eligible for it. Essentially getting $20 credit a month on data since I had the same features previously. Attached a screenshot of my account page.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I bought my Droid this past April on a 2 year plan. The rep told me that I will still be eligible for NE2 at the 20 month mark and my plan was extended for 8 months.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droids

Reaction score
FYI, if you currently have the higher-priced data plan to receive Exchange ActiveSync email on your phone, you cannot take advantage of this promotion unless you want to give that up. The unlimited data apparently doesn't apply to Exchange ActiveSync.

I called the number and everything was a go until he told me that :-(

Padawan
Unless your account is a business account, meaning your employer furnished your cell phone and pays the bill every month, you do not need to be on the higher priced data plan to get Exchange email. I suspect a clueless VWZ store rep told you this, and you've been paying an extra $15.00 per month for nothing.

Zig8

Reaction score
After the 25 min on hold wait,... everything went smoothy smoothy... We live in mid Indiana

the.kevin.anderson

Reaction score
Is this promotion only for current Verizon account holders, or could new subscribers call in and do it? I'm currently on a family plan with my father which expires in about a week or so. Was thinking about picking up my own plan and this would be perfect. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

ryyaaaannnnn

Reaction score
I just called and the guy upgraded me instantly. I still kept my current 15% account discount, i now have the 5 friends and family feature, my contract was not extended, and I got the $69.99 price for unlimited text & data and my regular 450 minutes. I’m now going to save $20/month. The guy also said that when my 2 years are up, I can renew at the same promotion as well.

anuraj1

Reaction score
Got through immediately in Arizona just now. I had called 3 days ago to add this and was told it was done, but the irst jackass rep didn't do it correctly. Today's rep did it right away and I can see it on myverizon.com. Here is a screenshot with a highlight added by me.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
This becomes cost effective with at least two smartphones on the plan for a 5 line family

Old plan:
110+(9.99*4)+(29.99*2)= 210 (rounded up)

New plan:
120+(19.99*4)=200 (rounded up)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I'm with ya.

Currently paying $250 for smart D1, D2 & LG Ally & 1 dumb Samsung Reality with 3 $30 data plans and 1 $10 data plan on the 1400 minute plan already. So this could save us $70 a month right at Christmas time. If I can get it, that is one hell of a Christmas gift from Big Red!

pigpen

Reaction score
I'm in new york city and i wasn't able to get this plan either. It would have saved me $40 a month. The rep told me to keep an eye on it though, said it was definitely gonna expand. And I have 4 lines on my plan, and found out my main line, my line has an upgrade avaiilable NOW!

O:)

Status
Not open for further replies.