Motorola Droid Pro

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is that the phone originally rumored to be named HTC Scorpion?? it looks like it might have some legs... but before i do anything, i'm going to wait until the rumored Moto 2 ghz phone is either out or confirmed dead.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
The Droid Pro is being pushed till January? Damn, I was willing to wait till October with my cracked Droid screen, but January is a long wait. Guess I can pick up what's out there now or a refurb Droid. =/

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no, the Pro/D2 WE is still slated for oct or nov. the rumored "superphone" is what the Jan date was referring to.
The Droid Pro is being pushed till January? Damn, I was willing to wait till October with my cracked Droid screen, but January is a long wait. Guess I can pick up what's out there now or a refurb Droid. =/

GeeDee82

Reaction score
Damn I hope this isn't true cause I was really lookin forward to getting that monster phone this Nov. when I get my bonus. I don't think I'll be able to wait to January haha.

I hope they make the Droid Pro/D2 WE in solid black, if so I'll probably get it just to tide me over till the big one drops.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well this is sad :(, I was getting really excited. Oh well, I'm gonna try and forget about it until jan lol. Looks like I'm keeping my droid for a while longer.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
no, the Pro/D2 WE is still slated for oct or nov. the rumored "superphone" is what the Jan date was referring to.
what is the superphone? is this going to bethe 2ghz phone we have been hearing about?hoopefully with a front facing camera

Droids

Reaction score
what is the superphone? is this going to bethe 2ghz phone we have been hearing about?hoopefully with a front facing camera
Nah, the superphone won't hit 2ghz, but the superduperphone in Q2 probably will. :)

soba1

Reaction score
I'm glad I got the X, it will keep me satisfied for quite some time.
I can hold out for Jan; maybe longer

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Nah, the superphone won't hit 2ghz, but the superduperphone in Q2 probably will. :)

I thought it was coming in January..

If you just got the X, how will you upgrade in January? Unless you have another upgrade it's just not going to happen.

Reaction score

I thought it was coming in January..

If you just got the X, how will you upgrade in January? Unless you have another upgrade it's just not going to happen.

Some people dont care and will pay full retail, heck i know i would if my line wasn't already available for upgrade.

W

warp

Sucks that the Pro might disappoint but I'd say if you can't grab an X now, wait until the holiday season when this rumored EVO-like phone might be out.

DKunch

Reaction score
explain to me the 2 different numbers then?

DROID 2 WE A956
MOT DROID A957

VZ1-1-.jpg

From the pattern i have seen with verizon and there numbers.... Unless they change the first number like they did with the Droid from the Droid 2... 8555 to 9555... then its gonna be just a variation of the base model.. So the 9557 is gonna be the same thing as the D2 but only a variation of it. I agree with someone else in this forum who said it could be the R2D2 droid...but that is slated for september so i dunno.... maybe the D2 WE is the r2d2 phone... its all speculations at this point... but im not counting on it being anything more then a modified D2...

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
New Update from Engadget:
Droid Pro is the global Droid 2: the evidence grows -- Engadget

The evidence continues to show the Droid Pro is the D2 World Phone.

They make a statement saying that it would be bad business for Verizon to upstage the DX within 6 months and they say that there will be nothing in 2010 that will.

I seriously doubt this. Motorola and Verizon both say they will have these monster phones by Black Friday. Why would Verizon NOT throw something gigantic out for the holiday season?

I still will have my Annual upgrade in December and I am praying that there will be something to look forward to. The Droid Pro has been a major dissapointment. Let's hope there is something else.

Right now it is a dead zone for Android. It seems the Fascinate is really the only Major Android phone coming out in the next couple months, I believe? not counting the R2D2 phone... I can't wait for someone here or one of these blogs get their hands on something to give us hope have a monster phone for the Holiday Season.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Courtesy of droid-life:

DROID Pro is just DROID 2 World Edition?

On 08.26.10, In News, by Kellex

Normally I’m not one to do the “I knew this already!” stuff, but we were told that the Droid Pro would simply be the Droid 2 world edition almost a month ago from 2 separate and non-related sources; we were just put on strict orders not to actually say it publicly. Then today some additional details have come to the forefront, so it’s time to talk about it!
If you want proof, check out this little hint I dropped on July 30th in a running Droid Pro thread over at Droid Forums
Not to cause a stir, but I’ve heard from 2 separate sources that this device is as far from what is in the original post as could possibly be.
Anyways, enough on us, let’s talk about the Droid Pro/D2 World Edition. Engadget just received this screenshot which looks similar to one BGR had a few weeks back only with more detail…
As you can see, we now know for sure that the R2-D2 Droid 2 will be model A957 and the D2 “WE” will be A956. We previously weren’t sure what A957, but this surely clears up some of that confusion. The R2-D2 D2 should still launch on September 30th, but the D2 “WE” is a complete mystery.
So the mysterious Droid Pro is likely not as amazing as was previously rumored and could just be a business version of the D2. Still interested?
We are still trying to figure out what the Droid “SICK” is though.
Via: Engadget