Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-android21-update.jpg

We were expecting an update to happen this week beginning on January 22nd but folks its arriving early! Verizon is pushing out a 61.4 MB maintenance release today ahead of schedule that should get users excited for whats soon to come. We haven't seen reports of the version / build number change, although we believe there is still something going on behind the scenes and soon, that will update to 2.0.1 ESD59.

Our sources have indicated Android 2.1 has passed all internal testing on the Droid and a target is to have all Droids updated before the end of the month. This patch had added some minor fixes and preps the phone for a smooth Android 2.1 RELEASE. To be clear, the forthcoming immediate update is not 2.1, but a precursor to smooth the transition to 2.1 which will follow within the next couple of weeks. Stay Tuned, more details to come!

Check out the discussion already in progress here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/16618-droid-update-morning.html

Thanks for the tip Miami1683!

R1Lover

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the update. Much easier to read one post from you then have to read through 15 pages to see what's up... :)

zigzags559

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the update. Much easier to read one post from you then have to read through 15 pages to see what's up... :)
Yes that is very true. But this sounds good and hopefully we can get the official update soon. Been waiting and waiting for this. Hope it lives up to all the hype.

Stigy

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Dan.

BTW I will update the original post if I find the direct download link to perform this update.

Anomander

Reaction score
Great post with nice information. I was hoping that when 2.1 goes OTA that they reverse the order of how the last upgrade went. Seeing how I was one of the last ones, I was hoping I would be part of the 1st group this time around.:)

MontyMo

Reaction score
I am amazed what a great source of information this forum is. Thanks Dan
Monty

struong57

Reaction score
@anomander, I second that. I would like to be one of the first to receive the OTA update this time around.

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks for the facts! :) [FONT=&quot]patientia est a rarus viirtue[/FONT]

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, can't wait until we finally get 2.1. I hope this pre-update improves some performance at least lol

Tac.css

Reaction score
Our sources have indicated Android 2.1 has passed all internal testing on the Droid and a target is to have all Droids updated before the end of the month.

So then, what are these sources?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is AWESOME!!! Finally there's some real information on this update. Although I have not yet received this precursor update for 2.0.1, I am still patiently waiting...............and waiting..........