Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

Raeuber

Reaction score
lol, now we are checking based on geographical location. The wait is killing me...:)

masterxchief

Reaction score
As far as we know the update is rolled out randomly so it has nothing to do with where you live. Its totally unnecessary to post that you haven't gotten the update and your location.

Guchi

Reaction score
i realy dont know why we would get the 2.0.1 so soon before getting the 2.1. makes me think the rumors are false and we could be waiting a while. in other words i'm not holding my breath, but it would be cool.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Obviously, for whatever reason they have stopped pushing the maintenance update. Probably to make tease us and make us suffer. j/k.

Well, 2.0.1 is working fine for me so I think I'll just keep using it and not worry about this update. It's like watching a pot boil, and believe me people that pot may steam but you won't see that 2.1 anywhere near 1/22. Not if they have to push this maintenance update first anyway.

I totally agree with you bill, at first it made me angry. Seeing the other day that people were starting to receive the update, I got so excited, but now its been about 2 days and there's been no new reports of this OTA. I believe they quit pushing it for whatever reason. But my Droid is working good so there's no reason to be pissed cause who knows when/if we'll even see this update. AND STOP POSTING THAT YOU DIDN'T RECEIVE THE UPDATE!!! That's SO F***ING ANNOYING!!!!!

THAWARRIOR10

Reaction score
see that's a different story for me, i'm waiting on my third droid to get in! now i know what some of you guys are prolly saying "he must have bricked his phone or was messing around with it" and the answer is no! i haven't done anything with it! i just hope this update, WHENEVER IT COMES, fixes the problems i've had, along with other people have had...again i LOVE THIS PHONE but i do hate it sometimes...its a love/hate relationship with this darn phone!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
see that's a different story for me, i'm waiting on my third droid to get in! now i know what some of you guys are prolly saying "he must have bricked his phone or was messing around with it" and the answer is no! i haven't done anything with it! i just hope this update, WHENEVER IT COMES, fixes the problems i've had, along with other people have had...again i LOVE THIS PHONE but i do hate it sometimes...its a love/hate relationship with this darn phone!!

The cure for the love/hate relationship is a spending one month with the Blackberry Storm.:) Your "hate" will go away quickly.

Taurus

Reaction score
AND STOP POSTING THAT YOU DIDN'T RECEIVE THE UPDATE!!! That's SO F***ING ANNOYING!!!!!

ROFLMAO, what's the name of the 300 pound gorilla twisting your arm behind your back making you read these forums???

i just hope this update, WHENEVER IT COMES, fixes the problems i've had, along with other people have had...again i LOVE THIS PHONE but i do hate it sometimes...its a love/hate relationship with this darn phone!!

You better sit down while you wait for the update for it does not fix any "real" problems, specially problems that are mentioned but not discussed.

52brandon

Reaction score

The cure for the love/hate relationship is a spending one month with the Blackberry Storm.:) Your "hate" will go away quickly.

Haha, I had a storm for a year before my droid and I actually really liked it. When it came time for a new phone I was between the storm 2 or the droid. I figured id see what all the fuss was about and no more blackberry for me, I'm sold on this google wizardry

THAWARRIOR10

Reaction score

HAHAHA!! i had the storm for 2 days and returned it, and then i bought the storm 2 when it first came out, returned it the next day!!! i'm sticking with this phone...it's great but again it's not but the pro's outweigh the cons anyday!

jsprake1

Reaction score
.....like its really necessary hog up our screens with that ugly pic of Conan!:icon_eek:

thanks for signing up to tell me that dbag

Just didn't want to discourage the other innocent posters of their location/update success imcase they are lucky ones with "the zip" we need for our droids.u have signed in just be a dbag to them(I can't believe someone uses dbag anymore:icon_ devil: circa 1984:))

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok guys....let's hold up a minute here... I have been really busy today, let me catch up and I will attempt to get more information on the patch and 2.1 for us