looking for lots of input

rjcapp

Reaction score
All the jb ROMs are very good with excellent support. None are perfect so expect some effort on your part. Its very easy once you understand the concept and have the proper tools in place. Remember rule number 1 make a backup before you proceed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

rjcapp

Reaction score
I use titanium pro to backup apps. Do not restore system apps. Pick a recovery. I use twrp 2.2.0 recovery. Make a backup. Follow ROM install instructions. It varies. Most ROMs require flashing gapps. Set everything up and make another jb backup with the stock kernel. Choose and flash your kernel. Enjoy.

rjcapp

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to worry about freezing apps. Custom ROMs eliminates bloat ware.

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
rjcapp said:
I use titanium pro to backup apps. Do not restore system apps. Pick a recovery. I use twrp 2.2.0 recovery. Make a backup. Follow ROM install instructions. It varies. Most ROMs require flashing gapps. Set everything up and make another jb backup with the stock kernel. Choose and flash your kernel. Enjoy.

I used wugs tooling to root but I don't see twrp or cwm on my device.....

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You should definately try JBSourcery, that is if you like customization, if you are still new to this I would stick to something more Vanilla........wait until you Sourcery users see what I've been cooking up...... a few days it should be available for 1.1!!!

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
So do I flash the Rom before the kernel? I have the jbsourceryversion1.0 and want to use Franco. Since :/ is 4.1 of that the kernel I use....I'm confused.... frustrated, dumb, noob... time for aguinness I'll pick this up in the morning thanks for the words of wisdom do far peoples

johnnyb15613

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
flash the ROM, then flash the kernel through our toolbox!!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You should definately try JBSourcery, that is if you like customization, if you are still new to this I would stick to something more Vanilla........wait until you Sourcery users see what I've been cooking up...... a few days it should be available for 1.1!!!
:blink:

What you guys got coming now?

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
johnnyb15613 said:

Thank you big time. So is there a step by step guide for dummies on flashing a Rom,I really don't wanna eff this thing up :nervoussmirk:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thank you big time. So is there a step by step guide for dummies on flashing a Rom,I really don't wanna eff this thing up :nervoussmirk:
On the page of your ROM of choice there should be instructions (they're usually short and to the point). Fairly simple really.
1. factory reset
2. clear the dalvik cache in the advanced option
3. flash the new ROM
And you're pretty much good to go. Don't forget to make a backup of the stock ROM before factory resetting.

Capone76

Reaction score
johnnyb15613 said:

I can't wait to see what Team Sorcery is cooking up. Its already superb. Taking it another level would set you guys apart from other devs

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
OK i think your resident nubile rookie is ready, i would just like some confirmation on my actions before i do something dumb

1) Download Rom and Gapps to your Phone’s Storage drive and boot into recovery (drag and drop the zip files onto my phone, but where on my phone?)
2) Clear davlik cache (in advanced options, this one i understand)
3) Wipe data/cache (right on the main screen, but so i wipe the partition as well??)
4) Install your Chosen Team Sourcery Rom (install .zip that seems easy enough, but again dont know where i should be saving the .zip on my phone)
5) Install Gapps (same deal as the rom)
6) Boot into Rom (first option at the top of CWM, easy enough)
7) Sign in and wait for all market apps to Restore (go through typical google verizon setup, easy)
8) After market apps have restored Reboot again (shall i reboot into recovery or just shut it off with the power button?)
9) Install latest Franco nitely JB kernel through JBS tools/mods (which kernel do i use? 384GPU or 512GPU? do i also put the kernel on the sd card? before i flash it?)
10) THEN IM FREE TO START CUSTOMIZING

if you guys could answer those few questions that i have i would appreciate i literally need someone to hold my hand and walk me through this process :innocentsmile:

rjcapp

Reaction score
You need to make backups first. Titanium pro for apps. Never restore system apps. Nandroid backup with recovery of choice. Again I recommend twrp 2.2.0. Contacts. You should use Google. Verizon backup is not ready for jb and sucks. Its easy enough to transfer from verizon to Google.

Back up pictures and music just in case. I don't do it but you can backup texts.

rjcapp

Reaction score
You need to make sure you are installing the correct ROMs for your nexus phone.

What phone do you have?

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
i have backed up my apps and google account, i wont restore any system apps. the nandroid back up i made with GNEX tool kit, im using CWM bc i have the premium already, my music is all on google music so it only ever streams from there, all my pictures are back up to my google+ account. do i just drop the .zips to the internal storage not in a folder? same for the franco kernel? which franco Kernel should i use with JBSourcery1.0: r-241-384GPU or r-241-512GPU?