is NFC doomed if you r a flashaholic?

Reaction score
yakitori

I saw your post about NFC and the response from the DEV on another site regarding your BAN and your posts. I have not touched GW once i flashed to the a new ROM and read your predicament. I am sorry you had to be the guinea pig. A big thank you for posting this info and getting it out ASAP! Much appreciated, but i know that doesnt bring back your NFC...

captdroid

Reaction score
yakitori

I saw your post about NFC and the response from the DEV on another site regarding your BAN and your posts. I have not touched GW once i flashed to the a new ROM and read your predicament. I am sorry you had to be the guinea pig. A big thank you for posting this info and getting it out ASAP! Much appreciated, but i know that doesnt bring back your NFC...

It's not the NFC that doesn't work. It's the encrypted secure element that is located on the NFC chip that can become locked at least for Google Wallet app. NFC still works.

Isaiah

Reaction score
sooo... when you guys say it messes upt the nfc chip.... popping in a new battery would fix that, no?

Isaiah

Reaction score
I thought all the NFC goodness was stored in the battery? What does it actually break in the phone?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I thought all the NFC goodness was stored in the battery? What does it actually break in the phone?

The NFC is on the phone, the NFC transmitter (antenna) is on the battery. That's why extended battery might pose issues as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yakitori

Weeeeellll not banned. Basically someone got upset because I shared their pm to me. I basically told him anything that is emailed to another person encrypted/secure or not isnt confidential. I didn't sign any confidentiality agreement... so basically he left my account open but removed my ability to post lol.

So now I wouldn't be able to say anything whether its good or not.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming the gwallet lock down is just sort of random then? It might get locked ... then again it may not... ugh...

So yakitori you're still locked down?

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

Exactly, no rhyme or reason as of now.

suliman

Reaction score
should i unroot and lock the bootloader and exchange my gnex for a new one and just keep gwallet off it? i need to know if there is a solution for this because gwallet hasnt worked since i got the phone. it keeps saying sent then an error. If so what should i tell them at the verizon store?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
should i unroot and lock the bootloader and exchange my gnex for a new one and just keep gwallet off it? i need to know if there is a solution for this because gwallet hasnt worked since i got the phone. it keeps saying sent then an error. If so what should i tell them at the verizon store?

What error?

Do you get the insecure element error? If not, you have nothing to worry about.

suliman

Reaction score
What error?

Do you get the insecure element error? If not, you have nothing to worry about.

I got a message today that said i had nfc disabled even though it was checked. but i usually get a sent message followed by a message telling me to check with the cashier if the payment went through. and it obviously didnt.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got a message today that said i had nfc disabled even though it was checked. but i usually get a sent message followed by a message telling me to check with the cashier if the payment went through. and it obviously didnt.

Have you ever received the insecure element error?

prowler85

Reaction score
My understanding (which is admittedly very limited) is that putting in a new battery gives the secure element error. I believe I read somewhere that the NFC antenna on the battery and the secure element are linked, so changing the battery will give you that error. That makes sense to me. Haven't heard of it giving the secure element error just with updating the ROM and don't know why it would, but it would seem at that point that it is a software issue not correlating to the secure element, so re-installing a backup I would think would fix the problem.

But this is pure conjecture on my part.

Isaiah

Reaction score
when are you guys getting the error (Ive yet to root my phone. jan 15's the day for that. 1 month) but I've got four batteries which I switch between and I can open google wallet... i haven't used it cause I dont have master card...