looking for lots of input

Capone76

Reaction score
dezymond said:
We understand you're anxious to learn and mess around with your phone, but just take some time to learn your phone first before you become a flash-o-holic. Run your current setup maybe 4 or 5 days and if you're not pleased, then we'll be glad to help you figure out which kernel works best for you.

And I just found out, seconds ago, that JBSourcery 2.0 is up. So if you're really impatient and want to mess around some more, you can flash 2.0 now.

Will JBSourcey update to version 2 in ROM manager or are they just releasing on there website?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haha I saw that I might do it later BC my battery is low. This might be a dumb question but can I delete a .zip after I flash it or is that no no :awkwardsmirk:
You sure can.

Will JBSourcey update to version 2 in ROM manager or are they just releasing on there website?

I actually just downloaded it through the toolkit and flashing it now as I type this. Haven't checked the website yet

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
Ok sweet deleting those extra .zips would be nice. To update to version v2.0 do I have to do it like a normal flash wipe everything and clear dalvik. Or do I just click update and it does it automatically? Another nubile question from yours truly

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ok sweet deleting those extra .zips would be nice. To update to version v2.0 do I have to do it like a normal flash wipe everything and clear dalvik. Or do I just click update and it does it automatically? Another nubile question from yours truly
I just wiped the cache and dalvik cache. I think they recommended a clean wipe, but I didn't want to set everything up again. I mainly just flashed it for a preview and though I haven't looked much into it yet, on the surface there isn't much difference. Did a little texting, browsing, and some of the sourcery tools and no issues so far.

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
Ok nice. Well if there is any breakthroughs you find that truly make a difference I would be interested in knowing about it of course I got excited about being able to delete .zip after I flashed it BC I have shiny ball syndrome and am easily amused

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
Has anybody given that wipe battery stats a try yet?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ok nice. Well if there is any breakthroughs you find that truly make a difference I would be interested in knowing about it of course I got excited about being able to delete .zip after I flashed it BC I have shiny ball syndrome and am easily amused
I'll report back if I find anything new. I didn't see a changelog and haven't been to their site yet, but from what I see it's most likely small fixes, few little tweaks, and overall making it more stable.

Of course anyone from Team Sourcery can chime in and spill the beans:p

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
I am ridiculously entertained by the fact that my battery life indicator is the blue bar above my soft keys. Anybody else have guilty pleasures to show off :big

ForumRunner_20120820_194700.png

grin:

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
Well it shouldn't be necessary than this device isn't gonna do it thank you very much my friend

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Your battery stats are wiped once you flash a new ROM. From there it takes roughly 3 days to fully calibrate.

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the battery taking way long to charge?

rjcapp

Reaction score
No. Mine charges fine using the same ROM

rjcapp

Reaction score
Join here and you can ask the ROM devs for advice?

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/27553-[ROM]-JBSOURCERY-V2.0-LTE[8/20/12]Setting-the-originality-standard-since-2010

Don't be afraid to search and learn on the various forums.