Unlocked and rooted for battery life

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
No where to set hotplug?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Milestone 2 doesn't have the hotplug governor. If you download one of the nightlies, it should have hotplug.

I'm running nightly #140 with the 512 gpu. Max cpu @ 1344 and min cpu @384. Hotplug gov. Generic hotplug enabled. Colorcontrol calibrated to the recommended values.

Try flashing it (actually, I guess you'll have to flash the latest, #143). If you have issues, try flashing the 384 gpu. Either way, run it for a day and see how it goes. With the above values you should see some improvement.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
OK thanks. I flashed imoseyon kernel earlier this morning. I will try this for a couple days, then try the nightlies if I don't see an improvement.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Yea I downlaoded Franco's kernal and flashed AOKP 32 also...and the battery is CRAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I didn't pay for this kernel because it's so lackluster on my phone.....And my phone drains faster than it did before

I didn't change anything kernel wise except I believe the SQL thing

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
Although this is not my first android, this is my first crack at rooting. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one noticing the bad battery life. I thought I may have done something wrong. Let me know if you see any improvement.

Ronbo19

Reaction score
I have been using AOKP build 33 along with Faux123's 16b4 kernel with ondemand and no overclock. I have to say battery life has been nothing short of spectacular. I know 16b5 just came out tonight but I'm leery of flashing it because I'm extremely happy at the moment. I was getting horrible battery life with Franco's kernels and decent battery life with imoseyon's but got the SOD twice in a week. So far no issues with faux123.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
I think I'm going to try that one then. Do I need to do anything special to flash this kernel? Should I delete the Franco kernel updater?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to try that one then. Do I need to do anything special to flash this kernel? Should I delete the Franco kernel updater?

Nope. Leave Franco app installed, it won't hurt anything. Just download the kernel and flash in recovery like normal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ronbo19

Reaction score

I'm not sure if it's necessary but I usually use Faux's reset kernel (Link is for the 4.0.4 reset kernel) anytime I flash a different kernel to clear any int.d scripts or ramdisk tweaks that another kernel may have made. Like I said not sure if it is necessary, but I always go with the better safe than sorry mantra.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's necessary but I usually use Faux's reset kernel (Link is for the 4.0.4 reset kernel) anytime I flash a different kernel to clear any int.d scripts or ramdisk tweaks that another kernel may have made. Like I said not sure if it is necessary, but I always go with the better safe than sorry mantra.

Yeah, that's probably a great idea.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
I flashed the Franco nightly kernel. I used the suggested settings in this forum and I am amazed at the difference. I'm at 10 hrs with over 60% battery left. I'm happy now!!!

bsmith0731

Reaction score
sbenson said:
Milestone 2 doesn't have the hotplug governor. If you download one of the nightlies, it should have hotplug.

I'm running nightly #140 with the 512 gpu. Max cpu @ 1344 and min cpu @384. Hotplug gov. Generic hotplug enabled. Colorcontrol calibrated to the recommended values.

Try flashing it (actually, I guess you'll have to flash the latest, #143). If you have issues, try flashing the 384 gpu. Either way, run it for a day and see how it goes. With the above values you should see some improvement.

Can you explain the different gpus?? I don't see that under the installer anywhere?..

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
It's under oc/cu and also go over to settings. Then go to colors multipliers to input the suggested values.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
SwagTech said:
It's under oc/cu and also go over to settings. Then go to colors multipliers to input the suggested values.

I just installed the new milestone but I don't see anything that says gpu

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
In the updater its CPU.. just swipe over.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just installed the new milestone but I don't see anything that says gpu

No, it's when you choose to download the kernel within the app. It will give you a choice to download either the 384 or 512 gpu. I'm not sure if Franco made the milestone 2 in a 512 version though. Each nightly will have this option though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk