Keep S3 or return and wait for something else

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I want comparing the Fascinate to the Bionic, i was comparing GB to ICS. There wasn't much difference imo.

tap'n

Fair enough, I definitely agree.

What I mean is the Bionic was the flagship phone have last year and yet still waiting for Ics. Soon after it was out they came out with the max and forgot about the bionic. Will the same happen to the s3. also the camera in the bionic not very good and it reboot on its own at least once a week and battery life was terrible.

Oh believe me I was there for it all. I admit I forgot I used an extended battery because it was so natural feeling, even with a case. As for the camera, after extensive testing, it was actually pretty nice...the problem is there's a trick to it. You have to manually choose the focus spot and it isn't always necessarily where you want to focus. However when you DO find the right spot, it can take some really great pictures. Fortunately I didn't have any reboot issues, but I developed data drops after the .902 update. Sad, sad day...Was a very hit or miss phone though. Shame...

rumblee1

Reaction score
I, too, have and love the bionic. I tested out an s3 for almost an hour. I tried everything. I also found that the screen in daylight on the s3 is pretty bad. I couldn't make it out without shading it with my hand. Never had that issue on the bionic. I. C. S. was pretty awesome but I'll be getting it on the bionic soon. And regardless of what many people say, I'm getting DAMN good pix and video. I see no point in upgrading till something really incredible comes out. Who knows, maybe the RAZR hd. But it would have to be running jelly bean right out of the box.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Well if you do not like the s3 then you will not like the iphone5,
After all apple says samsung phones are just copys of iphones.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Iphone, this is a droid forum. To be honest I run only macs at home and would never go pc, but I hate it iphones every since I got a taste of android.

OP
O

OhSteelerfan

Reaction score
Nedaroth said:
Well if you do not like the s3 then you will not like the iphone5,
After all apple says samsung phones are just copys of iphones.

Lol that's true

OP
O

OhSteelerfan

Reaction score
rumblee1 said:
Iphone, this is a droid forum. To be honest I run only macs at home and would never go pc, but I hate it iphones every since I got a taste of android.

I know it's a droid forum I never said I was getting iPhone for sure. I'm just trying to see if maybe there something I'm missing with the S 3 .

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
What I mean is the Bionic was the flagship phone have last year and yet still waiting for Ics. Soon after it was out they came out with the max and forgot about the bionic. Will the same happen to the s3. also the camera in the bionic not very good and it reboot on its own at least once a week and battery life was terrible.

samsung doesn't slack like Motorola... and they don't dump on their customers like forgetting about recent phones and releasing other flagship ones soon after... the note 2 is coming out but its more of a specialty device and it won't affect the s3 getting jb (and soon)... the older samsung s2 got ics a while ago and it came out months before the bionic

I read that the s2 is getting jb next month which is incredible.. we can hope to get it on the bionic next year... if at all

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
At the conference Samsung said that the galaxy s 3 phone, the note, and the tab will be updated to jb. So the issue right now it will be on how long the carriers want to test the software urrggh hold off until after selling new phones.
As far as what to buy. As I said op, if you later go back and buy the s3 what you really lose. You are going to own this device for the next 2 years. If you have any doubt wait it out and see what other devices are out there. If you still choose the sg3 at least you knew. If a lot of bionic users knew a RAZR and a RAZR maxx was coming right behind it last year I am sure many would have waited. This year you know so use that knowledge to your advantage. As far as the iPhone 5 well look at the video I'm posting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
iPhone 5, iPhone 4S comparison video: iPhone 5 mock-up vs. iPhone 4S

Before some of you get excited. Yes I know this is a droid forum. Yup I understand apple has filed stupid lawsuits blocking the sell of awesome android devices. Yeah I know that posting ios info here may be a sore subject for some. I am helping provide info for the op and that trumps feeling including my own toward apple at the present moment.

Op you will get what they think the iphone will (probably) look like. And yes android people it does look like a sg3 and galaxy note(2) :blink:.

Last edited:

MailboxHead

Reaction score
For what it's worth I spent all summer obsessing over the next phone, and was specifically waiting for the new Razr. My Dad was going to get his first smartphone, and I wanted to make sure I picked the right phone for us. S3 was never on my list bc I wasn't a Samsung person. For fun I told him to go into Verizon and check the phone out bc of all the great reviews. He loved it. We went back and forth and finally I came to the same conclusion everyone else is saying... There will always be something better in a few months. I really hated my Thunderbolt and it wasn't worth it to be miserable and pin my hopes on what phone might come out when I could be happy with a really good phone now that will last two years.

This is a solid choice. I do hate that physical home button a lot, but I really like everything else (and the home button is good for first time smartphone people like my dad). I have a few other Samsung friends and their devices are always supported. And since this phone was released on all three major carriers, I think a lot of people will buy it and I don't think they'll abandon it support wise.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
IMO iphones are for people who want to be locked down overcharged and told what they can and cant do with THEIR phone. Plus google now is much better then siri.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
cr6 said:
I want comparing the Fascinate to the Bionic, i was comparing GB to ICS. There wasn't much difference imo.

tap'n

I understand you are stating your opinion but ics is so much better then gb it isnt even a contest. Reason number 1...all dual core phones that were released with gb were only utilizing one core...gb doesnt have support for dual core processors...so anyone thinking they had a functioning dual core phone in gb was lied to. My bionic running an ics leak is far and away faster then when it was running on gb.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I probably should've been more specific. Feature wise, there wasn't much difference between GB & ICS. This is why people use third party launchers and flash roms....to get those extra features you don't get with the stock OS. (& why i dont understand why somebody would pass on a great phone that had the capabilities, hardware wise, simply because JB didn't come stock, or isn't due out in the next 2 weeks) That's the beauty with Android over Apple....you've got SO much more to choose from, everyone benefits. :)
just my 2 cents.....

tap'n

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I probably should've been more specific. Feature wise, there wasn't much difference between GB & ICS. This is why people use third party launchers and flash roms....to get those extra features you don't get with the stock OS. (& why i dont understand why somebody would pass on a great phone that had the capabilities, hardware wise, simply because JB didn't come stock, or isn't due out in the next 2 weeks) That's the beauty with Android over Apple....you've got SO much more to choose from, everyone benefits. :)
just my 2 cents.....

tap'n

well regular stuff for some reason works a lot better for me like wifi always auto connects... even the stock launcher/app drawer is a lot faster... I have no idea if smart actions is for ics+ or any version but its a great feature... the s3's built in features are pretty awesome

I actually just downloaded a smartstay app to see if it actually works like the s3

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
cr6 said:
just my 2 cents.....

tap'n

Ok i understand what your saying now.