Bionic & S3 ICS

richtheruler

Reaction score
I've had my droid Bionic since it first came out and waiting so long to upgrade to ICS. I just bought the S3 a month ago and now the Bionic is getting ICS before the S3. That really sucks! I feel like I'll be waiting forever for ICS.

zacedward

Reaction score
richtheruler said:
I've had my droid Bionic since it first came out and waiting so long to upgrade to ICS. I just bought the S3 a month ago and now the Bionic is getting ICS before the S3. That really sucks! I feel like I'll be waiting forever for ICS.

The s3 has ics out of the box so we got it first

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah, the S3 launched with ICS out of the box back in July. The Bionic has just now received it.

OP
R

richtheruler

Reaction score
What I was trying to say was essentially we should have gotten Jelly bean out of the box...I hate this waiting crap

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
What I was trying to say was essentially we should have gotten Jelly bean out of the box...I hate this waiting crap

Jelly Bean wasn't released to ASOP until July 9, well after several versions of the S3 had already shipped, and only a few days before the Verizon version was released. It would have been impossible to get it out of the box with the S3. And Samsung has been faster than most OEM's at getting Jelly Bean out to the international version of the S3. In the U.S., it's really the addition of carrier-specific bloatware and the testing processes (particularly with Verizon) that hold often hold the updates back. For the international releases where there are no carriers directly involved in the update process, things tend to go much faster.

And if you meant Jelly Bean, where you meaning to say that the Bionic will be getting Jelly Bean before the S3? The Bionic isn't slated to see Jelly Bean until next year, while all U.S. versions of the S3 are expected to get it before the end of this year.