the truth

rumblee1

Reaction score
I've got a bionic that has served me well till I got the ICS update 2 weeks ago. Completely ruined my phone. An upgrade did the same thing to my droidX. Do you guys like the s3?

beaky73

Reaction score
I had the bionic and loved it. But the s3 is an awesome phone. I have had it for about a month and I am still learning. I am going to get one for my wife for Xmas. Can't wait for jelly bean. The screen size and quality is great. Get one!

rkd48

Reaction score
I'm like beaky73...Love the phone, still learning. This seems to be a great place to ask questions and get answers. I love this forum. People are so knowlogable.

GoBears

Reaction score
I don't like the S3. I freaking love it! It has decent battery life, great call quality, good reception and a big beautiful screen. Running a JB rom and it really flies. Excellent phone all around.

GoBears!

arrndroid

Reaction score
3 words: unlocked boot loader!

This phone does and will continue to have tons of developer support. I wouldn't worry about an android update ruining this guy especially with the hardware specs

Battery is great, screen is brilliant, never felt slow and I'm even underclocked, doesn't feel big when you hold it, reception is comparable to my D2 maybe a little better, call quality is good.

I think the only real con for me it is a bit fragile.

Running synergy (r77) rom, newest ziggy kernel, and baseband I535VRLHE.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Last edited:

HNettles

Reaction score
I had a Droid X, which was a fine phone. But I wanted newer / faster /better, and went with a Rezound. I was never very happy with the Rezound, I had a lot of battery issues, even after buying the extended battery from Verizon. I have had the S3 for several weeks, and I am very happy with it. Very.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
S3 rocks... I'm so done with Motorola releasing good phones than ruining them with upgrades... Done being there test mules. My droid x was ruined with gingerbread, I had to sbf 4 phones in my family back to froyo.. My Droid X2 was a joke, so many issues, it took 6 months to sort them out,music skipping, data drops, huge ram usage by the OS... by the time the phone is fixed its obsolete.. Same with the Razr.. Ics killed it.. Battery life was marginal, after ics I needed to walk around with my charger... I tried everything FDR, eclipse rom, nothing helped. Got the S3. I love it, very stable and 2gb of ram says it doesn't care that I have 75 plus apps.. My razr would be bogged down to a stall... So done waiting 6 months after the major update to get the fix that should been there on day one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

NOVICE

Reaction score
Droid1 to Droid X to GNexus (eventually running JellyBean). All good phones--but Galaxy Slll in a class by itself. Screensize, exceptional battery life (comparable to Razr Maxx but with replaceable battery) and a zillion features. Never been more satisfied with a tech device.

MailboxHead

Reaction score
Late to the party, but....

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate the home screen button. Takes me out of the flow of whatever I'm doing, is slow, cumbersome, and poorly designed. I'm also having some battery issues (in that small percentage that has something weird going on with the battery).

And I STILL wouldn't trade this phone for ANYTHING else on the market right now :). Even with its faults I love it and try to talk random people into getting it. My Dad was getting his first smartphone and I said we'd get the same one so I could help him - I told him to look at this one for kicks, because we were going to wait for the Razr HD, but he loved it so much he talked me into it, and I'm so glad I ended up with it. Heck, I'm even going to build my courage and root it over Christmas time to see if that fixes my battery drain issue (bought a Hyperion battery and get 2-3 days out of it when I have days I won't be near a charger, so that solves that).