worth getting S3 if wife mandates I keep it 2 years?

usawinston

Reaction score
Currently rocking a bionic. I take many pictures with it but the camera sucks
. The wife says I can get the S3 if I keep it for 2 years. Wait for something better or keep the S3? Thanks.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Go with it. You can't go wrong with this handset

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmmmmm. My wife would never restrict me like that... just give her the "please honey" look when you want a different device lol.

But as Cereal Killer said, it looks like a solid device, I'd get it and an extended battery and be happy.

I'm thinking if doing this for my son.. idk yet :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

justdhutch

Reaction score
usawinston said:
Currently rocking a bionic. I take many pictures with it but the camera sucks
. The wife says I can get the S3 if I keep it for 2 years. Wait for something better or keep the S3? Thanks.

Look at the other galaxy phones like like s and s2. Both phones are still competitive against other new phones on the market. They may not be the best, but are definitely still considered good phones. It will be one of, if not the best android phones on the market to date.

OP
U

usawinston

Reaction score
Look at the other gailaxy phones like like s and s2. Both phones are still competitive against other new phones on the market. They may not be the best, b,ut are definitely still considered good phones. It will be one of, if not the best android phones on the market to date.

I understand its great now, but where will phones be in 12 months? 18? It only took 10 months for the bionic to seem like a thick, small screened, aged OS, device.

justdhutch

Reaction score
usawinston said:
I understand its great now, but where will phones be in 12 months? 18? It only took 10 months for the bionic to seem like a thick, small screened, aged OS, device.

Thats because the bionic was that when it came out. The bionic was already behind the curve when it was released. The s3 will be setting the curve. There will always be a better phone, but with the s3 you will at least stay competitive as long as possible.

B

bens42608

The bionic WAS and IS ahead of the curve. The s3 is not the start of the next generation of phones. Its still dual core. The processor is just a better dual core. Within the next 18 months there will be WAY better phone.the bionic is still Badass and the s3 isn't a big enough jump yet if you want it to stay competitive for the next couple years. It's just overly hyped right now until the next big phone comes out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ryanr509

Reaction score
The bionic is not that good of a phone. The s3 has a top of the line screen 2gb of ram which no phone has right now. Best battery life on tests besides the RAZR maxx. Gorilla glass 2.0 removable battery although the stock battery is large at 2,100mah sd card.The best dual core out works great with lte and 28nm so better battery life. Why do ppl want quad core when our phones OS can't utilize it yet? That's like getting a v8 that can only use 4 cylinders at a time. U can sit her and keep waiting because there will always be something better on the horizon. Right now the s3 is the top of the line phone out it is ur best choice to be future proof. Only reason I say don't get it is if u don't like touchwiz.

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
Let me get some ointment for the whip scars on your back, jk mate!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HavoC

Reaction score
yeah I I plan on getting the s3 and keeping it for at least that long since that'll be my last upgrade before the unlimited data gets taken away. I am also coming from a DROID bionic I got off contract, the locked bootloader makes it suck and as cereal killer said the s3 will hold up well over a two year span, it may still "only" have a dual core processor, but it's a 1.5 dual core and it has 2 gigs of ram which I don't think any other phone out has.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

justdhutch

Reaction score
bens42608 said:
The bionic WAS and IS ahead of the curve. The s3 is not the start of the next generation of phones. Its still dual core. The processor is just a better dual core. Within the next 18 months there will be WAY better phone.the bionic is still Badass and the s3 isn't a big enough jump yet if you want it to stay competitive for the next couple years. It's just overly hyped right now until the next big phone comes out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Haha "still dual core". What other phone in the US is any more then that? LTE is a much more beneficial upgrade then quad core with 3g. And of course there will be something better out within 18 months, I never said there wouldn't be. But the s3 will still be able to hold its own in that time frame. No phone is a BIG JUMP. They are all small jumps from the previous.

And Bionic is still ahead of the curve? Lol gtfo with that bull****

kparks

Reaction score
I must be the only 1 just not impressed with the s3 I was more impressed with the one x maybe cuz it was first or maybe cuz I just like HTC better but I try to stay even with all phones when I talk about them on here.. but I just don't see it I have a upgrade on vzw but really want to see what htc will have on vzw

HavoC

Reaction score
I must be the only 1 just not impressed with the s3 I was more impressed with the one x maybe cuz it was first or maybe cuz I just like HTC better but I try to stay even with all phones when I talk about them on here.. but I just don't see it I have a upgrade on vzw but really want to see what htc will have on vzw

yeah I know what you mean about the one x. I probably would get that instead but Verizon isn't getting it (at least as far as I know). If you're holding out for the next HTC phone on Verizon, that would be the incredible 4G which should be out soon. The specs on it don't quite match the s3, as it has a smaller screen (4 inches), 1 gig of ram, and I'm not sure about the processor or battery.

It might still be something to consider getting if you really want an HTC phone and don't mind the smaller screen, I just wish it was the one x instead. Since it isn't, I'm gonna get the s3. All a matter of preference in terms of specs tho.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

ryanr509

Reaction score
If ur talking specs then the s3 trumps or matches the one x in just about every category. The only reason I see the one x as "better" would be looks and if someone likes HTC sense or dislikes Samsung touchwiz