S3 battery

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Hopefully this will see some traffic...I know the S3 is an older device now, but just need some clarification.

The battery in my girlfriend's S3 seems to be getting worse...and I can understand why, given that she's had the phone for over 3 years now. Just the natural degradation of the battery.

Last week we ordered a new battery for her phone from Amazon. It is a Samsung battery listed for an S3 and the same amperage, however when I put it in her phone and plugged in the charger to juice it up, the screen came on with the "Battery Charging" icon but it also had the yellow warning triangle on it.

I'm assuming the batteries are specific amongst carriers as well? She's on Verizon Wireless...the part number of the battery we received is different than her S3's original battery.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hey IIGood, nice to see you. Sorry to hear about your girls battery. How long have you kept the new battery on the charger? ...or did you quickly unplug it after seeing the triangle? Are you sure it was an actual OEM battery you purchased? There are a number of batteries on Amazon that say Samsung, but are really knock offs. As long as it specifically states OEM, you should be fine, but just for craps & giggles, could you send me a link to the one you purchased?
If it is OEM, you may have simply received a bad battery. In which case, it would be easy to return to Amazon for a replacement.
Hang in there and we'll try and get you fixed up.

S5 tap'n

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Here's the link to the item: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y8VJP6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully you can see it; I just got the link out of my purchase history on Amazon so it could just be visible to me.

It does say it's for T-Mo, Sprint, AT&T in the description I don't know why I still bought it; maybe figured it should work with all carriers. We did unplug the phone fairly quick after getting the warning icon...it wouldn't power up while plugged in or anything.

Thanks...we're trying to come up with something for her. She doesn't get much usage out of her phone before it starts beeping at her about a low battery and she refuses to get a new phone. I figure at least she has a device that still had a removable battery.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, it definitely "looks" like an OEM, (and the seller claims it is), but nowhere in the description does it say "OEM". There are also a lot of people in the comments who were unhappy with this battery. Some claimed it worked fine, some claimed they received a dud, or that the battery life only lasted a couple hours. Personally I would return it. Since it shipped directly from Amazon through a third party, you won't have a problem with the return. As soon as you request said return, they'll send you an RMA/, just print out the label and send it back. As soon as USPS scans the label showing they've received the pkg, Amazon will put the money back into your bank account or credit card. Not that it was expensive, but Amazon is really good about replacing your funds quickly.
Then try this one. Different sku, but it specifically states "OEM", and more importantly that it's compatible with ALL S3 models. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D...7_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EXDRGZVHWNWPDNR1EWZZ

Good luck & let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Yeah, I was figuring on returning it so I've initiated that. Just have to drop the package off at UPS to send it on it's way.

I've also ordered the one you linked so we'll see how that works out when it arrives. The link is most appreciated!

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The new battery finally arrived today and I'll be seeing her this weekend so I'll pop the battery in at some point then and see what happens.

Reactions: cr6
OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I did get the battery changed out for her last weekend and it did take this time. I'm not sure how it's holding up for her yet; I haven't really gotten a gauge from her on that.