S3 too big?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I prefer naked phones but this one has me shopping for a nice, thin, non-slip case.

Diztronic makes the nicest ones around. A great, thin fit with good protection. I use the black matte version that they make, but some people prefer the glossy version because they find the matte a little slick. Other colors besides black are available as well.

You'll also find other suggestions for cases in this thread.

HomePC

Reaction score
Coming from the Rezound to the S3. I'm a middle age guy with medium sized hands. The Rezound felt better in my hands out of the box. The S3, I'm scared I'm going to drop it. To thin and slippery to hang on to. But, with a good case, I'm sure that will be remedied. Also, until I get my case, I find the S3 difficult to use one-handed. My index and middle fingers rest right on the volume rocker switch causing me some problems. Again, I think a case will help that.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I came from a maxx to the s3 and I have to say that I think the s3 feels way better in hand then the maxx did. The maxx was too boxy for my taste. Try the Ringke slim case! Not much protection but makes the phone feel great.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

quinn954

Reaction score
I came from evo 3 d I love the phone I love the way it works I don't care for the locations of the valume button or the power button or maybe they're just too sensitive but the rounded edges the slim design and the lightweight makes it real hard for me to keep a grip on I must of dropped it 5 er 6 * waiting on a slimline otter box

quinn954

Reaction score
That's why I'm having such a hard time believing that this guys s 3 screen cracked all on its own

marleyinoc

Reaction score
Got an Androidian cover from @cruzerlite for my fiancée's S3. She likes and the sides are grippy now.

_____
... 6.7.232

Caesars

Reaction score
Haven't read through yet, but do you uses cases?

Googorola MAXX

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I think the S3 is one of those phones that you have to use a case with. It's so slippery and the edges are exposed glass.. All my Motorola phones seemed to be made to work pretty well without a case if you wanted. They had protection and you could grip them easily.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Batman8

Reaction score
Too big?...HELL NO!! I came from a DX and a Bionic and I now LOVE the size of the S3. My 4.3" phones now feel too small to me. I'm NEVER going back to anything smaller than 4.8"...ever. Did I mention that I LOVE this phone?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
If by too big then you mean perfectly fitting, then I totally agree.