It's goin' down

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Figured something would happen sooner to my near flawless Original, Original Droid -

...the power button is becoming recessed, I have read a lot of instances of this happening on the forum...from someone who has experienced this, how long did your power button last before it gave out completely ?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nooooooo!

This is a tragedy!

Sorry man, my condolences. Maybe try sliding the keyboard open to get used to it? :(

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just wait it out! heh, we're almost to the new phones and our upgrades.

iPirate

Reaction score
just happened to me too this weekend.

worse case I will slide the keyboard out, i got 10 months to go!

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th month with the pwr button issue. I have to press really hard to make it response. I have insurance too, but they wanted to give me the d2 + 90 bucks. But I can't part with my droid. :) so I've been living with it for 4 months now.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just need to hold out until something I am interested hits the Market - it's nice to hear that four months later and the power button hasn't fallen into the phone...there is still hope :)

perfoliate

Reaction score
That happened to mine right around month 11 of ownership. I dealt with it for about two weeks because I was afraid to turn my droid in for a refurbished.

I'm guessing it's just some sort of plastic spring mechanism that eventually just gives out after repeated use. It will probably last a bit longer just become harder and harder to make contact. Sad to see such a minor component begin to render such a beautiful device unusable.

On a brighter note, I finally sent mine in a week before warranty was up and my replacement was pretty much brand new with a fresh manufacture date, so I lucked out :)

Good luck I'm sure our next devices will be wonderful. But I'll never forget my OG droid 1 dancedroid

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My keyboard is also starting to make that wet shoe sound...I am coming undone over here :tongue:

GB D1

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hang in there TP! The TB may be here 11 days! If you can't wait 11 days I believe a different device will be released in 10 days:icon_ devil::icon_ devil:

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
$50.00 :icon_eek: - think I will just witness my Droid enter the graveyard as I wait for a worthy successor -

GB D1