Random Crash

nateccnn

Reaction score
About once every two or three weeks I reach into my pocket, pull out my Droid, tap the power button and nothing happens. It can't be woken up. LED lights do not come on. It is esentially turned off. Long hold of the power button won't turn it on. I have to yank the battery to reset it and then everything works fine. Not completely positive but I think the pattern is that this occurs after recharging. I noticed this morning that when I unplugged the Droid from the charger the unlock screen did not pop up like it usually does after unplugging. Didn't really pay much attention until later when I went to use the Droid.

I have rooted the stock OTA 2.1 ESE81 using the SBF to place SPRecovery on and manually installing SuperUser and BusyBox. No custom ROM installed. But I am running AdamZ low voltage kernel set to 250-800 MHZ.

I am wondering if this type of behavior is common to the Droid or common to AdamZ kernel. It's not much of a bother...but if I am the only one experiencing it I may attempt a warranty claim. I'd unroot and run stock to verify it is still happening before I did that. But if someone else has tested it and could save me the trouble of unrooting I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,

Nate

loidolt

Reaction score
You might want to try a higher voltage kernal or reflash the rom you are using (if you reflash don't forget to wipe data and cashe just to be sure)

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
How do you re-flash the OTA 2.1 ese81? Would I have to downgrade back to 2.0.1 and then allow the OTA update again? Seems kind of PITA. LOL

Nate

Last edited:

TekHawk

Reaction score
I have had that happen before with adamz lv rare but it does happen I would give the p3droid lv a shot if that does it two you need to go back to standard voltage as your droids not lv friendly

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
I have had that happen before with adamz lv rare but it does happen I would give the p3droid lv a shot if that does it two you need to go back to standard voltage as your droids not lv friendly
So where does one find the p3droid kernel? I've tried Chevy's and it crashes constantly. Funny how one droid acts differently than most other droids. But I've never been able to get Chevy's kernel to work on this phone...yet got it to work on two friends phones.

Nate

loidolt

Reaction score
So where does one find the p3droid kernel? I've tried Chevy's and it crashes constantly. Funny how one droid acts differently than most other droids. But I've never been able to get Chevy's kernel to work on this phone...yet got it to work on two friends phones.

Nate
Here ya go P3Droid Kernels

TekHawk

Reaction score

Nate

thanks for posting that link i was out getting lunch lol

let me know if that helps any nate

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score

Nate

thanks for posting that link i was out getting lunch lol

let me know if that helps any nate

OK...giving it a try. It may be months before I post an update on how it is doing though. This random crash has only happened a few times in the several months I ran AdamZ LV kernel. I don't know how to duplicate it.

I noticved that my SetCPU short bench results are a little higher now. Not much though. Performance should be very similar.

Nate