Okay - so now I feel like I'm really screwed

glaporta

Reaction score
I posted a thread on here earlier today about exactly how to unroot, do a factory reset, etc....All while my power button is broken (which is the reason why I want to send it back to Verizon in the first place).

Well, EasyRoot apparently sucks because its seemingly impossible to unroot my device now using it. It's almost as if I'm like "kind of" rooted. For instance, Some root apps work, some dont. Superuser Permissions is in my menu and will NOT go away, but yet it doesnt work really. Anytime I open a root app, it doesnt ask permission to run it like it should, and there's no programs listed in its registry when I open it.

So, long story short. I would really appreciate it if someone would help me - as in walk me through what I can do to unroot my device completely and GET RID of superuser permissions without bricking my phone, all while having no power button to do things like reboot.

I've read others peoples issues on here and just am not tech savvy enough to understand how to root a device the "real" way. I'm starting to think that I should have never rooted in the first place - Now I just want a phone with a power button!!!!

Anyways, if someone could please, please, please help...I would be so grateful.

Thank you.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...ck-2-2-without-sbf-rsd-lite-droid-1-only.html

To get into recovery you are going to need to pull the battery, pull out the keyboard and press X. Reinsert the battery, and plug into a power source (wall or PC). Everything else should work just the same.

Alternatively you could flash and .sbf if you want to go that route. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html (Box 1 and 5). Same basic idea as the one above, battery pull to power off. Battery reinsert + cord into PC = power back on, but to get into bootloader you need to hold up on the d-pad (toward the screen) instead of X.

Edited to reword something

Last edited:
OP
G

glaporta

Reaction score
Thank you guys so incredibly much. That's a weight off of my shoulders. Now I can actually request a new phone.

Appreciate all the help!!